Chapter 4

Being around Brittany makes me forget about everything else going on. I can't believe I forgot how everything around us fades out when I look into those piercing blue eyes. She's not like other people either, she actually holds eye contact with me during our conversations. Everyone else is too scared. But, that's what I like the best about Brittany. She doesn't run away from me, she's really the only one that's stayed with me through everything. Sure we joke around and normally aren't serous three fourths of the time but, that one fourth that we're serious is amazing. We talk about things that no one else knows, we know everything about each other. Being around her is so easy, I don't have to put up a facade. Having her as my best friend is the best thing that I could ever ask for.

"San? What're you thinking about?" Brittany cocks her head to the side and grins at me. I snap out of my thoughts and look away. I haven't noticed her plate is empty and mine is still full. I shake my head and smile.

"Just how lucky I am to have you as my best friend. I'm serious Britt, no one else understands me the way you do." Brittany smiles at me and blushes.

"I think I'm the lucky one, Santana. You're the only one who hasn't called me stupid and you listen to me when I'm depressed about Lord Tubbingtons drug problems. I think, that you Santana Lopez, are the best friend than anyone could ever ask for." My face heats up and I smile even bigger than before. Our moment is ruined by the waiter who comes over to take our plates and give us the check. Brittany tries to take it but I stop her.

"I got it Britt, it's the least I can do. After all, you saved me from having to spend any more time in that school." I pay the check and stand up. I hold out my pinkie to Brittany and smile as she stands and takes it. We leave Breadstix to head to my house. It's only a few blocks so we get there in less than five minutes. I open the front door and Brittany being her naturally bubbly self, skips through the house and to my room. My room is on the first floor and I have my own bathroom connected to it. It's not even like I have my own room though, Brittany practically lives here with me. Half of my closet holds her clothes and she has her own drawer in my bereau. I walk into my room and see Brittany already plopped on my bed with the TV on. It's only around 4 so we have a couple hours before we have to get ready for our dates.

"San? Do we still have those caramel covered popcorn thingies here?" Brittany doesn't look away from the TV nd I smile while shaking me head.

"I don't think so but, we have regular popcorn. I can make some if you want?" I shrug and she finally looks at me. She smiles and nods.