Chapter 16

Glee club today was pretty awful. Actually, we were only actually actually there for five minutes. Everyone's babies were crying. Mr. Schue decided to cancel practices for the rest of the week because we couldn't focus if we had to take care of babies. Whatever. It gives me more time to be with Brittany. So here we are in my room doing homework. Well, I'm doing homework. Brittany's taking care of Sebastian. We really lucked out, he hardly cries. I'd never admit it out loud but so far he's been perfect.
I finish the Geometry problem I'm working on and toss my book off the bed.
"Are you finally done?" Brittany stopped rocking Sebastian and turned to face me.
"Yep. Now you have me all to yourself." I winked at her and crawled over to her slowly with a predatory look in my eyes.
"San. We have a son that we have to take care of." Brittany gave me a stern glance and I sighed.
"Well, can I have a kiss at least?" I pouted at her and sat down crossing my legs like a pretzel.
"If you promise to help me with Sebastian afterwards." Brittany continued to give me that stern look which made me roll my eyes.
"Fine. Come here." I leaned toward and puckered my lips waiting for her to connect hers with mine. She finally moves towards me and brushes her lips against my own. I hum in contentment and pull her closer. I brush my tounge against her bottom lip but she pulls away. I groan.
"Brittanyyy!" I whine and she just giggles.
"You said a kiss. Not a whole make out session. Now here, it's your turn to hold Sebastian." Brittany places Sebastian in my arms and plops down on my bed after grabbing her book bag.
"Why did you grab your book bag?" I turn my body to face her.
"You already did your homework and I have to start mine. We only had geometry and English so I'll be quick." She lied. Her 'quick' turned into two hours. I was fell asleep while waiting for her to finish. I woke up to the sound of a camera going off and giggles. I snap my eyes open and see Brittany beaming at her phone.
"Uhm Britt did you just take a picture of me?" I sit up and Sebastian falls into my lap.
"Yep. You two looked so cute together." Brittany smiles at me and skips over before placing a quick peck on my lips. She holds up her phone and shows me the picture. Sebastian is cuddled into my body with my wrapped around him like a big spoon. I hate to admit it but she's right. We look really adorable.
"Whatever. I'm hungry, ima make something to eat. How does chicken nuggets and Mac and Cheese sound?" Brittany's eyes light up and she bounces up and down while nodding. I laugh at her before picking up Sebastian and placing him in her arms.
"Your turn." I smirk before ghosting my lips against hers and walking downstairs to make the food. 30 minutes later the food is done and I call Brittany to come down. She bounds down the steps moments later with Sebastian in her arms. I roll my eyes at how seriously she's taking the assignment.
"Hey San, I kinda invited Mercedes and Rachel over. There gonna be here in like fifteen minutes..." I groan and place my head in the palms of my hand.
"Seriously Brittany? I don't want to deal with them any more than I have to at school." Brittany sighs at me.
"They're my friends. Can't I have friends other than you?" Brittany glares at me. Did she really just say that? Does she think I'm holding her back?
"It's nice to know that I'm stopping you from having friends." I yell her and push past her to go upstairs.
"San... That's not what I meant..." I ignore her and continue to go upstairs. I lock myself in the bathroom and take off my clothes before stepping into the shower. I sink to the floor and hug my legs to my chest. Why is everything going so wrong? We're supposed to be happy but all we do is fight. Am I really wrong for not wanting to spend time with Wheezy and Schnoz McGee? Ugh, why do I always mess up everything good in my life?
Brittany's POV
I move the barely touched Macaroni around with my fork. All Santana and I seem to be doing lately is argue and frankly I'm tired of it. I'm tired of not being able to hang out with the glee kids just because Santana doesn't like them. I'm tired of my feelings being pushed aside for hers. I'm tired of being misunderstood. Most of all I'm tired of being the only one of us taking this relationship seriously. She can throw a tantrum all she wants but I'm not going to tell my friends they can't come over. I give up on eating my macaroni and just scrape the food into the garbage and put my plate in the sink. Sebastian starts to cry so I grab his bottle and put it in his mouth rocking him back and forth.
"Shhh, shhh it's okay little man. I got you." His crying starts to die down and I smile. The doorbell rings signaling the arrival of my friends. I walk over to the door and open it.
"Hey guys!" I wave them in.
"Hey Britt." Mercedes hugs me and walks into the house.
"Hello Brittany, thank you very much for allowing me the pleasure of visiting you." Rachel gives me a polite nod and walks inside as well. We all make our way into the living room and I plop down on the recliner while the girls take the sofa.
"I see you're on momma duty? Where's Santana?" Mercedes asks me.
"She's upstairs... Where are your babies?" I finish feeding Sebastian and start to burp him.
"We left them with the boys. Finn was very happy to take care of Barbara and allow me to come over." Rachel states.
"Since Santana isn't down here can I see little man over there?" Mercedes gestures for Sebastian whom I gladly hand over.
"Of course. I'll go get some snacks and we can watch a movie." The girls smile and nod in agreement so I head to the kitchen. As I'm making the popcorn I hear footsteps.
"If you need anything you can take anything out of the fri-" I look up and see Santana standing there looking guilty. I glare at her and return my focus to the microwave.
"Brittany I'm sorry... I haven't been a good friend to you. You should be able to hang out with whoever you want. And I'm sorry I've been so difficult. I love you and I want you to be happy. I promise that I'll try to get along with Wheezy and the hobbit." Santana walks over to me and grabs my hands as she says this.
"Thank you." I nod at her and turn back to the microwave. I don't want to burn the popcorn.
"I know how much this project means to you so I'll start helping out more. I'll do whatever you want me too." I smile at her. At least she's making an effort right?
"First... I want an I'm sorry for being an idiot kiss. Then I need you to help me get some snacks for the girls." Santana smiles and nods at my request before walking over and pressing her lips against mine softly. She places her arms around my neck and I pull her closer into me. I brush my tounge against her bottom lip and smile when she opens her mouth giving me access. Our tounges dance together. I move my hand down her back slowly until I reach her butt which I grab softly making her moan. The microwave beeps making us pull away. I rest my forehead against hers.
"I love you." Santana breathes out.
"I love you too." I smile at her and give her one last peck before turning back to the microwave and taking out the popcorn. Santana grabs a big bag of cheetos, a bag of twizzlers, a few sodas and a big bag of doritos. I put the pop corn into a bowl and then we walk back into the living room. I smile because I see Rachel and Mercedes cooing over Sebastian.
"Hey guys." Santana says before putting down the snacks surprising the girls.
"Hi Santana..." Mercedes hands Sebastian to Rachel quickly scared of what the Latina's reaction to her holding her son might be.
"Mercedes! Ugh. Hello Santana. Pleasure to see you." Rachel says quickly. Santana and I laugh at their uncomfortableness and I take Sebastian out of Rachel's arms before plopping down in the recliner again.
"What're we watching?" Santana asks before taking Sebastian out of my arms and sitting on my lap. She starts to rock him softly and I smile.
"Anything you want to." Rachel spits out really fast and Mercedes hums in agreement. Santana looks at me as if she's waiting for me to decide.
"How about a Chucky movie?" I smirk knowing how scared Santana is of those movies.
"That's no kind of movie for Sebastian to be watching." Santana's eyes grow wide and she decides to use Sebastian as an excuse.
"It's almost nine. It's past his bedtime. I'll just go put him to sleep and then we can watch the movie." I start to get up but Santana pushes me back down.
"I can do it. Uh just start the movie." She looks around to make sure Mercedes and Rachel aren't looking before she places a quick kiss on my cheek and walks out of the room.
Santana's POV
I'm seriously going to kill Brittany. She's the only one who knows how deathly scared I am of Chucky and guess what?? She decides we're going to watch a Chucky movie. Great. I walk into my room and place Sebastian in the bed we made him out of one of my drawers. I make sure the bottom is soft and tuck him in.
"G'nite Sebastian." I rub his head softly and place a kiss to his forhead before turning off the lights and walking back downstairs. I plop back down on Brittany's lap and she wraps her arms around my waist.
"Ready?" She smirks at me and I glare.
"Yep." Mercedes grabs a handful of popcorn and turns her attention back to the screen as Brittany presses play.
Brittany's POV
The movie just ended. Santana finally stopped screaming about halfway through. That's only because she fell asleep...
"Is she sleeping?" Rachel yawned and I nodded.
"We should start going. We need to get some sleep too." Mercedes stretched.
"Okay, I'm just gonna take Santana upstairs and then I'll walk you out." The girls nod so I pick up Santana carefully and take her upstairs. I stumble around a little because the lights are off but I get her into bed and tuck her in.
"Goodnight Sanny, I love you." I kiss her cheek and walk back downstairs.
"Thank you for inviting us over. I had a lot of fun." Rachel said when they reached the door.
"Yeah same here. I'll see you tomorrow." Mercedes hugged me and then they both left. I locked the door behind them before making my way upstairs and into bed with the love of my life. I fall into a peaceful sleep a few seconds later.