Chapter 14

I finally decided on a outfit to wear for my date with Brittany. Oh. My. God. I can't believe I'm going on a date with Brittany!!! Wait, what if she doesn't like my outfit? Should I change?? No! I don't have time. It's already 3:50. Ugh, Brittany is gonna be here in ten minutes. I know she said to dress casually but I wanted to look hot but not like I tried but not like I don't care about how I look. Does that make sense? Forget it. I chose to wear a loose red shirt, a pair of regular jeans, and wedge shoes. It took me even longer to figure out how to style my hair, I finally decided to leave it out and wear a white headband thingy. I look pretty 'casual'. I start pacing around my living room. What if Brittany changed her mind?? What if I get stood up??? What if she takes one look at me and runs out the door grossed out by my hideousness??? Obviously I'm hoping for the worst. The door bell rings, stopping my pacing. I look at my phone for the time. It's only 3:56 so I'm not really expecting Brittany to be there for four more minutes. I walk over to the door and open it. The first thing I see is a breath taking, smiling Brittany. She looks gorgeous. She's wearing a white shirt that's sleeves stop just below her elbows, it has small black polka dots on it. She's also wearing high waisted red shorts, knee high socks and sandal wedges. Normally I'd think someone dressed like that looked stupid, but on Brittany it looks perfect.
"Hey San, sorry I'm a few minutes early... I just couldn't wait to see you!" Brittany smiles widely at me.
"Hey Britt, it's fine. You look... Wow... Just wow." I give her a shy smile and blush.
"Thanks San, you look absolutely gorgeous though. These are for you." Brittany holds out a bouquet of roses to me.
"I know, it's kind of cheesy that I got you flowers but I thought maybe you'd like them." Brittany blushes and looks at her feet while I take the roses.
"Brittany, they're beautiful. Don't worry." I pull her into a hug and motion for her to come into my house once I pull away.
"Let me just put these in water and we can go." I walk into the kitchen and look through the cabinets until I find a vase. Then I fill it up with water and put the roses inside it. Brittany stands by the counter behind me the entire time. I turn around to face her and catch her staring at me. We both blush and stand there awkwardly until Brittany speaks up.
"Do you want to start going?" I nod and she takes my hand, leading me out of the house. Once we get out of the front door, I turn around and lock it before allowing Brittany to walk me to her car. She opens the passenger door for me and waits until I buckle up before she walks over to the drivers side and gets in.
"Britt, where are we going?" I ask her as soon as she starts to drive.
"It's a surprise." She turns her head slightly and smiles at me before turning her attention to the road again. I don't bother asking her that question again when I see the "You are now leaving Lima" sign. I know she won't tell me. A half an hour, she pulls into the middle of nowhere.  Literally, there's like nothing here except for a field.
"Uhm, Britt what are we doing here?"
"You'll see in a few minutes." Brittany gets out of the car and walks over to the passenger side opening my door for me again. As soon as I get out, she jogs to the trunk and pulls out a picnic basket? And a blanket. She walks back over to me and holds out her free hand which I happily take.
"Did you take me here just for a picnic?" I smile at Brittany.
"Sannn you ruined my surprise!" Brittany groans.
"And yes, I did take you here just for a picnic. I remember how when we were younger you said you thought the perfect date would be a picnic under the stars. I know it's only like 5:30 so the stars won't be out for awhile but I thought we could have the picnic now and watch the stars when they come out." Brittany looks down at the floor. I lift up her chin gently and kiss her softly.
"Brittany, this is perfect. Thank you." She smiles at me and we start to walk deeper into the field. We stop a few meters later and Brittany lays down the blanket, placing the picnic basket on the middle. She sits down and pats the spot next to her. I walk over to her and take a seat on the spot she just patted.
"Ready to eat?" Brittany grins at me as I nod vigorously. I'm extremely hungry. She starts to take take-out boxes out of the basket and I almost squeal when I see the logo. Breadstix!!! My favorite. Brittany laughs when she sees my reaction.
"Oh my god Britt you're so amazing!" I yell as I bite into a breadstick. She laughs again.
"I'm glad you like the food." She says before she takes a bite of her spaghetti.
"You know what I've always wanted to try?" Brittany says after a few seconds. I swallow my food and shake my head.
"What?" Brittany smirks devilishly and lays down on her belly.
"The scene from the Lady and the Tramp where he pushes the meatball to her with his nose." I laugh and lay on my belly too. It takes her a few tries to push the meatball to me with her nose. Mostly because we were laughing so much.
"Now, eat it." I laugh even more. She's such a dork.
"How am I supposed to eat it?"
"Like a dog. Use your teeth." I giggle and do as she says.
"My life goal has now been completed." Brittany says completely seriously. Is she serious?? She cracks a smile and starts laughing at me.
"You so thought I was serious! That is definitely not my life goal. One of them but, not THE like goal." I throw a piece of breadstick at her and playfully glare at her. I take a bite of my Fettuccini Alfredo before asking,
"What is your life goal?" She looks away nervously.
"It's stupid... But, you know how we used to play house when we were younger?" I nod so she continues.
"Pretending to be married to you was the best part of my day. But, once I played house with Artie and I hated it. It felt wrong being married to him. So ever since then, I vowed that one day I'd marry you." I stare at her with my jaw dropped and eyes wide.
"I told you it was stupid." Brittany looks down at her plate.
"N-no. It wasn't stupid. I liked being married to you too. And I hate the thought of you with anyone else." I blush.
"You won't ever have to think of me with anyone  else. I just want you." Brittany looks into my eyes deeply before she kisses me gently and rolls onto her back.
"The stars should be out soon. I already see them a little." I put the containers in the basket and move it to the side. I then snuggle into Brittany's side and sigh in contentment when she wraps her arm around me.
"I love you Santana."
"I love you too Brittany." We lay in comfortable silence as we stare up at the sky. Pretty soon the sky is dark and we can see the stars.
"You know, when we were younger and I had to sleep away from you, I'd stare at the stars at night." Brittany says softly.
"How come?"
"Well, the night sky is extremely dark but the stars light it up and make it pretty. It's just like how you've lit up my life and made it prettier ever since we met. You're my star and looking up there at the sky made me feel like you were still there by my side." Brittany shifts so she can look at me and she begins to stroke my hair.
"You're my star too Brittany. You always will be." I smile at her softly before leaning in to kiss her. As soon as her soft lips touch mine I feel fireworks. The feeling of her lips moving against mine feels perfect. Like we're right where we're supposed to be. The tip of her tounge licks my bottom lip, begging for entrance which I do not hesitate to grant her. I moan as soon as I feel her tounge against mine. She smiles into the kiss before our tounges start moving against each other. We part when breath is absolutely necessary. She leans her forehead against mine and we stare into each other's eyes. We smile and I kiss her again softly before snuggling back into her side and looking back up at the stars. I can't believe I pushed her away for so long. I'm finally right where I should be though, with the love of my life.