16

My eyes began to slowly open as I blinked them a few times to clear up my vision. My head felt fuzzy making me close my eyes shut tightly again. Once I felt like the pressure was relieved from my head, I slowly sat up to take in my surroundings. I was tucked in someone's bed, in a small room that had patches of paint chipped off from the wooden plank wall. Wondering where I was, I quickly stood getting startled from the door opening revealing a chimera.

"I would sit back down if I were you." the chimera said who was about my age and height. He had dark skin with blue eyes and looked like a white tiger chimera.

Slowly sitting back down, someone came rushing pass him making me gasp. "Shush Luke, you're scaring the poor girl."

He raises his eyebrows and smirk. "She's just a human mom, they're scared of everything!"

She rolls her eyes as he begins to laugh while leaving the room. "Sorry about that honey, Luke is known to be fiesty."

Widening my eyes in shock, I looked her up and down as I scan the room again beginning to panic. "Wh-where am I? Why... how... why did you kidnap me?!"

Breathing hard she widen her eyes in shock. "Oh dear... I'll get Freddy."

The lady rushes out the room as I notice she was also a white tiger chimera. She was lightskin herself as her eyes matched her son's perfectly along with the long black hair they both share.

After recovering from my shocking state, I gasp. "I have to get out of here."

Quickly standing I began to make my way out of the door until I ran myself into someone large. "Ms. Elizabeth, please settle down."

Hearing the voice my eyes widen as I backed away from the body to be met with hazel eyes and black and orange striped ears. "Fred?! Whats going on here? These people they kidnapped me?!"

He waves him arms down asking me to calm down as I look between him and the lady from earlier. "What's going on?!"

"Ms. Elizabeth, there is much to discuss and I do sincerely apologize for the way I handled your transportation over here but it was necessary." he explains seriously as he stared me into the eyes. "Ms. Elizabeth, this is my wife Jane and the young man who was watching you was my son Luke."

"Wha...why? Why did you bring me to your place?" I ask curiously. "Why did you fucking kidnapped me?!"

He signs and turns around asking me to follow him. I notice how levitated I feel once we begin walking and how the places was made of solid wood with leaves peaking through. I even notice the cast was gone from my arm and was perfectly healed. "For one Ms. Elizabeth, this is not my house but a sanctuary for us chimeras who is fighting for freedom."

We walked out of a door frame and onto a wooden plank bridge that was connected to another similar but bigger size tree house that we were in. Looking around, I gasp as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. "Wow... what.. how... this is amazing!"

It was like a tree house village of some sort with wooden plank bridges connected everywhere. Beneath us was many and different types of chimeras who was peacefully engaging in conversations and chimera children playing all types of games. I couldn't help but stop upon the well crafted bridge to take in what I was seeing. It was like a small village of chimeras acting as... humans; just doing and participating in normal ordinary things.

"It is amazing, Ms. Elizabeth, we thank yo... alot of our fellow friends for creating such a place." he states as he continues walking. "But although we have this safe place, out in the world of humans we are slaves."

I lowered my head in shame knowing he's telling the truth. "I'm sorry Fred."

"No need to apologize Ms. Elizabeth, we do not blame you. Actually most of us respect you, you are rare and treat us equal and that's all we ever want." he states smiling over his shoulder at me. I smiled in return as I embarrassingly held my case. "A war is coming Ms. Elizabeth and we are starting it."

My eyes widen in shock. "Wa-war?"

He nods slowly. "Yes and we need Lunette."

"Lunette?!" I ask curiously. "Why Lunette?"

We stopped in front of a large round table made out of wood as it was scattered with notes, plans, maps and other things.

"We believe Lunette is the successor of chimeras... the daughter of the moon goddess herself. Although we aren't sure, we have all our hope and belief she is." he said looking at me as if he was thinking. "I didn't wanna bring you here how I did, but we need to see if its true. Lunette has some type of connection towards you and will do anything to protect you Ms. Elizabeth. If the prophecy is true... Lunette will change into something powerful that we'll never expect."

I quickly gulp remembering the detective asking me if Lunette had physically changed in a way. "What do you mean change, Fred?"

He smiles looking distracted in a way. "We believe she's a child sent by the goddess herself, Ms. Elizabeth, she could do many things that we all aren't capable of doing."

I then remember the dreams of me with the mystery women who talked as if she knew Lunette. I gasp not believing what I was hearing. Everything she said... its true. There's really a war coming and it's Lunette who's meant to lead the chimeras into it. I began to feel uneasy gathering all the information I'm taking. It also means that the mystery women is Lunette's mother.

"...Elizabeth? Ms. Elizabeth?" Fred continues to repeat himself until I look at him confusingly. "Are you alright?"

"Yea, I just... Lunette's in police custody. She won't be able to even make it here." I stated but curiously wonder where this is all coming from. "How do you know this? What prophecy?"

"Our Alpha is the who informed us of our savior, he wishes the same thing for us Chimera to be treated equal and the same as humans." He states. "He is the one who gathered more of us together after taking the lead of the sanctuary. Then found the belief of the moon goddess only child to be a savior to our people. He is more powerful than us and has had visions of what awaits our victory."

This Alpha has to be somewhat connected to know that Lunette is truly their goddess's child. Not anyone I'm sure can just know that or even spit out that nonsense to have a whole sanctuary of chimera to believe it either. Fred also said that he took the lead meaning someone else was in charge before hand.

"You said the current Alpha took the lead, correct?" he nods answering my question. "How long has this been here? Who was in charge before hand?"

His face turned upset asking the lady two questions as he shakes his head. "It's been here for awhile, Ms. Elizabeth but for now let's show you around."

He turns his back towards me to walk away as his wife Jane comes towards me. "Luke will show you around honey. We're glad to have you on our side."

With that she left along side her husband as Luke then came from behind me. Hearing the sound of sniffing, I jumped back to see he was leaned into me. "You smell like old blood."

I cock my head and smile shyly. "Ah...okay I guess."

"Yep, mom said I have to show you around so let's do it quickly. I wanna play yarn ball with the boys." he said walking towards another doorway then jumping down making me gasp. I quickly ran to the doorway, catching myself as nothing was there but a ladder to use to get up and down from.

Looking around the forest floor, chimeras of all types was actually... living like they should. I smiled softly thinking of me and Lunette being in a peaceful world such as this. It'll be nice just to see our kinds getting along with eachother but instead we are handling it in war. I frown thinking of Lunette in war, anything can happen.

"Come on slow poke! I already told you I don't have all day!" I hear Luke yell beneath me. I made my way down the ladder and once I was two feet on the ground, I paused and blush as everyone was now facing me smiling.

Why are they acting like that?

~~~

There you are folks! Another brilliant, I hope, chapter for my amazing and lovely readers! I hope you enjoyed it, please like and comment what you think.

Lunette the Butlerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें