8

I woke up in the middle of the night with it thunderstorms loudly outside. Looking beside me, Manda was still sleeping calmly with her long hair everywhere. Yawning, I look at my clock to see it was 3 in the morning. I stood up and stretched as I exited my bedroom to go to the kitchen for a glass of water.

I was stopped with a shower going in Lunette's room. Father has her room down the hall of mine just in case if anything happens, she'll be able to get to me quickly.

Her bedroom door was cracked open a bit for me to peek inside. Her bedroom was neat with the color of it being black mostly and blue trims. Quietly, I open the door to step inside as I wonder what she was doing up at three in the morning.

I noticed her bathroom door was also cracked open a bit making me blush. It made me crave to know what her body look like while I have the advantage to peek now. Shaking my head, I paced across the room as I question what the hell I was doing. I felt like some peeping tom and knowing Lunette, I was bound to get caught. Hearing the shower stopped, I froze for a second before rushing out her bedroom.

Quickly, I made my way to the kitchen as a I grabbed myself a glass cup filling it was cold water. I began to jug it down my throat as my face was still feeling hot about the incident seconds ago. After drowning it down, I sigh making it sound more like a whine as I kept thinking about Lunette and I.

"Ms. Elizabeth?" Shrieking loudly, I turned around to face Lunette standing in the doorway of the kitchen. "My apologies for frightening you, is everything alright?"

Breathing in and out, I sent her a small smile as I nod. "Yea, the thunderstorm woke me up is all."

"I understand." she says while walking to the window where we can see the raindrops falling fast. It was raining hard where we can hear the drops pound on the roof. Other than that, we heard loud booms across the sky as it thunder ever few seconds. "It's beautiful although it could be scary, Ms. Elizabeth."

My eyes widen a bit, surprised to hear such words from her. My lips turn into a small smile as I can see a little of how she thinks.

Turning around, she raises her eyebrow at me. "You must be scared of such a beautiful thing still."

Blushing, I look away as I twiddle my fingers in front of me. I'm not scared of thunderstorms honestly, I just hate the loud booming sounds that comes along with them. I use to cry at night when I was young everytime I heard them. Lunette will hear and rush in to try to comfort me but I always ended up pushing her away and running to my father.

Without realizing how close she has gotten to me, I felt her smooth hands under my chin as she tilt it up a bit. I was softly blushing at her touch as I can see how for once, her eyes has soften a little. Damp strains of her hair clung to her forehead as I notice it was out of her low ponytail that she usually wears it in. Without it in, her hair seemed more thicker and curlier but I assume it was just because it was still wet.

Still looking at me in the eye, I felt her hold on my chin tighten a bit. "It's okay to be frighten of the beautiful things Ms. Elizabeth."

She positions her hand back at her side as I swear I seen her eyes glance down towards my lips but it could just be me seeing things as my head was starting to feel fuzzy with her actions. I wanted nothing more than for her to press her lips onto mine own as I thought they'll be a perfect fit.

"It's still early, you should go to bed Ms. Elizabeth." she whispers as she walks pass me going back to her room I assume but I couldn't move. I had to replay the scene in my head a few times before I could realize what had happen.

I felt butterflies in my stomach all over again as it made me do a little wiggle. Feeling all giddily, I made my way back to my room and quickly slipped myself under my comforter earning a groan from a sleeping Mandy. Turning on my side, I couldn't help but think as if Lunette was talking about me. Closing my eyes as a smile was glued onto my face, I soon drifted off to sleep.

~~~

Hearing a quiet giggling screech, my eyes flutter open to see Manda beside me on her phone. "Lizzy, guess what? Guess what?!"

"Mmm, sleepy Manda." I groan flipping onto my other side as I threw the comforter over my head. Instead of leaving me alone though, she throws the comforter off of me causing me to curl myself up in a ball since I wore nothing but a large shirt and panties. "Amanda?!"

"Guess what?" she asks again laying herself over me. Rolling my eyes, I asked her what. "He asked me out!"

Widening my eyes, I sat up pushing her off. "Wait, really?"

She nods excitedly. "Well he ask me out on a date but I'm sure he'll ask me out out!"

"That's good Mandy, but sleep!" I said falling back onto my pillow harshly throwing my covers back over me. It's not the fact I was sleepy, but I was in the middle of a good dream and her screeching no matter how silent she tried to be, woke me up.

Once again the covers were forced off of me making me groan. "I have to get ready like in an hour Lizzy, help!"

Rolling onto my back, I gave her a glance as she gave me her puppy dog eyes. Groaning once again, I finally gave in. "Fine!"

She squeals excitedly as I rolled my eyes. "You should come as well and invite Lunette since she'll have to be there anyways."

Blushing a little as I remember what happened yesterday, I rolled back onto my side smiling. Why does she have to be so... distant?