13: A Past Came Haunting

I woke up with a massive headache at the back of my head. I tried to console the pain but found my hands tightly tied with fiber ropes behind my back. I was looking around the dark room when I suddenly remembered the last moments I had before someone bashed my head with something hard.

Klaus! He must've thought I ran away after dashing into the bathroom. Oh god, Stefan, I could practically picture him searching every street of Chicago in worry for me. Speaking of which, where the hell am I?

Once again, my eyes observed the lightly-dimmed room. The room is almost empty other than a table with spiky instruments laid on top of it and a lone flickering ceiling light.

The chair I was sitting on made squeaking noises as I attempted to unbind my tied hands. The more I try to pull against the rope, the more it bites through my wrists. After a few more tries, I gave up with a small growl at the back of my throat and slumped against the chair.

Hope was not lost when I noticed the different assortment of knives on the table, I quickly moved the chair towards the table, producing another batch of scraping sounds.

Fear flutters inside my chest when the door suddenly bursts open. The light flooded the room and burned my eyes. My pupils adjusted to the immediate brightness of the room for the moment.

A man with a scowl on his face stepped inside the room. He made this way over to me to grab hold of the back of my chair and drag me back to the center of the room.

"Who are you?" I asked the man but I was met by a fist colliding with my face.

My head was sent forcefully to the side by the blow of his punch. The man grabbed me by my hair to face him and spat, "Shut up you filthy bitch."

"Jorah, manners please!" A woman shouted from the doorway, making the man let go of his grasp over me.

Jorah stepped away but the woman replaces his spot in front of me while pretending to scratch her invisible stubble on her chin. Her eyes raked over my features. I felt uncomfortable as the woman continued to observe me and lightly pulled a lock of my hair, "Hmm, strange. You're not exactly his type yet you've been with him these last few days."

"I―I don't kn―know what you're talking about," I stuttered, my gaze never leaving the woman who had a pale face and her silver hair tied up in a ponytail.

"Oh, where are my manners? My name's Dany and this is Jorah," The woman gestured towards Jorah who glared at me the moment we met eyes.

"What do you want from me?" I turned my gaze away from Jorah's scorching stares and back to the woman in front.

"You're just bait, sweet pea," she walked closer to me and gripped the back of my chair so she's inches closer, "You see, I have unfinished business with a newly turned hybrid and you just happened to be the perfect bait to get his attention."

"Klaus?"

"Who else?," I noticed a glint of hatred flashed through her eyes as she seethed her words, "No one plays with my feelings."

As soon as her words are out, both of them turned to look at the door as if sensing something. My ears picked up muffled footsteps getting closer to the door. Jorah pushed Dany behind him, protecting her from the nearing danger.

The door banged open with a sharp breeze, alerting both of my captors. Hello love. A voice rung out inside my head. Everything happened so fast, a shadow blurred behind me and cut off my bindings.

Then, Jorah was pushed against the wall by his neck and there, he stood almighty except that he wasn't a knight in shining armor, he was a hybrid in black leather jacket. I was grabbed by Dany so she was behind me and pushed a hunting knife near my throat.

"Let go of him Klaus, or the girl dies," she drew the knife closer, drawing out blood.

Klaus turned to look at us without letting go of Jorah who was thrashing against his hold. He was shocked at the woman behind me but regained his composure seconds after, "Ahh, Danielle Snow, I killed you and your band of witches in 1866. You're supposed to stay dead love."

"Well, I'm certainly not dead Niklaus. I casted an immortality spell and now I'm here to make you pay for murdering my coven and for playing with my love."

"Still not over that, I see. On the contrary, love, your coven conspired against me first. And you, sweetheart, were an easy prey," Klaus smirks.

"Oh, luring you into this death trap only means you are an easy one too Niklaus. What makes you think you can make out of this alive with your girl? Or perhaps I should warn her about you sweetheart," Dany threatened against my ear, "You see that man right there? you mustn't fall for that one's charm, he will only bring pain and misery upon you and the people you love."

I kept my eyes on Klaus as Dany continued whispering warnings in my ear. I noticed anger burned in his now golden eyes before he bit Jorah and snapped his neck. Dany stabbed me in the back with her knife so I staggered forward.

I landed on the floor, breathing heavily as I groaned in pain. The last thing I heard was Dany shouting incantations in Latin before I was consumed by darkness.

Klaus' POV

I caressed her cheek, pushing some of her hair away from her face before shutting the passenger door of my car as Briar Rose rested against her seat. I walked around the car and got inside. The girl was stirring awake before I inserted my keys into the ignition.

"Klaus? Where are we?" she asked as she looked around.

"You're safe now love. Get some rest," I stared at her before buckling her seatbelt on.

"Where are Danielle and Jorah?"

Flashback

I took a chunk off Danielle's henchman and quickly severed his neck. My head snapped at girls' direction as I heard a loud gasp. Pain struck her beautiful porcelain face she stumbled forward.

I looked at Danielle as she splayed out her hands, chanting spells, "Vos voluntas stipendium et pretium namque interfectio. Ego voluntas interficio vos! ego voluntas interficio vos!"

It seems as if every cell in my body were screaming to burst as the damned witch chanted further. Her power made me gave out on my knees before clutching my head.

She stopped her assaults and I growled dangerously at her. The shock was written all over her face when I vamp sped over to her and hold her in the air by her neck.

"You shouldn't have crossed me again sweetheart. First time I killed you, I snapped your neck but this time, it will be your heart!" I shouted as I plunged my hand into Danielle Snow's chest.

"No Nik! Please have mer―" she was cut off by me tearing her heart out.

Her body dropped to the floor with a loud thud. I threw the heart somewhere beside her before trailing my eyes to the bloodied brunette beauty. I went over to her before kneeling down and cradling her in my arms.

I took the knife which was left in Briar Rose's backside out and bit my wrist. I made her drink my blood so she could heal faster. I scooped her gently into my arms before making my way out of the abandoned building.

Flashback Over

"They're in some place they won't hurt you any more love. Sleep now, you're safe with me," I reassured her before starting the engine.

In the corner of my eye, I saw her nodded and faced me before she closed her eyes, "Thank you, Klaus."

I turned my head to her direction and let out a small smile, "You're welcome love."

My phone beeped, signaling an incoming message. I pulled it out of my jacket before scanning the text. After a few seconds, I put the phone back and motioned the car out of the driveway and towards windy city once again.