3: Crazy, Impulsive Brother

I groaned as I opened the fridge, only to find an apple and a pitcher of water. I grabbed the red apple and closed the door of the fridge. I took a bite out of the fruit while scrambling to get my phone and punched in my older brother's number.

"What is it? I'm absolutely not in the mood right now," he slurred after picking up at the second ring.

"And you're drunk. Listen Damon, I know I'm the only one in the house who actually survives with food and that we are deep in Klaus trouble but would it actually kill any of you to shop for food?"

"Why don't you stop by the grocery store?" he said with a hint of annoyance.

"Hello?! You stole my credit card last night because you thought it'd be fun. You know what? I'll drop by the grill so get your drunken ass there, I'm starving." I hang up and threw the almost-finished apple into the trash. I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.

I grabbed my black leather jacket and put it over my white sleeveless blouse. I wore my brown fedora hat and I combed my fingers through my long knight hair which hung inches below my chest. I grabbed hold of my book which I was reading earlier and saunters toward the front door.

I walked all the way to the Grill and when I arrived; my eyes scanned the room and saw Damon and Alaric ordering alcohol. I sat down beside Damon and greeted them both.

"I'll have a cheeseburger with fries and a can of Coke. Thanks," I ordered when a staff arrived and she immediately scurried away to get my food.

I opened my book to continue reading. I got to the part where the protagonists went to Amsterdam to visit their favorite author when my food arrived. I grabbed a fry and then glued my eyes to the book. It's amazing how literature has evolved since then.

After a few minutes, Damon broke the silence while downing his drink, "I. Screwed. Up." Referring to him forcibly feeding Elena his blood so she can come back as a vampire when Klaus sacrifices her.

"Yeah, yeah you sure did," I replied sternly without looking up from my book.

I can feel someone's presence appeared at my left and slowly with a British accent said, "Gentlemen? my lady? Why so glum?"

I turned my head and saw a man with a short dark blonde curly hair and sparkling blue eyes. I take it back; he is not just any man. It is Klaus fucking Mikaelson.

Alaric stood up in a protective stance but Damon shrugs and said, "Ugh. Klaus, I presume."

"In the flesh, Thanks for the loaner mate," Klaus smirked before looking at Ric.

"Any reason you stopped by to say hi?" Damon asked Klaus after facing him.

"I'm told you and your brother fancied my doppelganger. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret."

"Ha. Thanks for the advice," Damon snorted and Klaus nodded while raising his eyebrows.

"I don't suppose I could talk into a postponement, by any chance, huh?" my brother added.

I threw Damon an incredulous look and Klaus let out a small laugh then his facial features turned serious, "you're kidding." He glanced at Alaric and asked, "He's kidding right?"

"No, not really," Ric replied. My eyes went back and forth as the three exchanged words with underlying threats.

"I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?" Damon said in a sarcastic way.

"Damon," I warned him while giving an icy glare after standing up.

"Let me be clear... I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up," Klaus said in a low dangerous voice.