Chapter 24: To No One's Surprise

Something I forgot to mention last chapter, Reha is gonna fight along side 6 when fighting Emerald and Mercury. That's gonna change later on, but let it be known.

3rd Person PoV 

The moment everyone pulled into the warehouse, 6 fell asleep in the passenger's seat almost immediately. After running around a Covenant Flagship all day, just to finish that off with some Grimm fighting, 6 was ready to go into hibernation. Mean while, back by that snowy highland, another phantom lands, and out whats the white and crimson zealot, Reha 'Sagam. He walks off and looks at the tire tracks that led out of the area. Reha shrugs and follows the tracks, hoping to find the team once more. After an hour of walking, he comes across some old abandoned pickup truck. He opens the door and pops the hood. He looks into the engine, and starts getting to work. Some time later, he fixes it enough to get him too Vale. All the time he's spent with 6 and the warthog taught him a thing or two about human mechanics. He jumps in and fiddles around a bit, figuring it all out. He goes out on the road, ready to go. 

"Alright, lets hope for the best..." 

Noble 6 PoV

I groan as I wake up, my body a bit sore. I climb out of the warthog, and see mostly everyone is back to regular tasks. I walk over to Emile. 

"Forgot to return this." I say, handing him his shotgun. He takes it back, laughing.

"I'd just let you keep it, but if your offering." He puts it on his back, continuing to speak. "So, how was the Summer chick?" 

"She was fine, but she didn't mention any sort of torture. I know it sure as hell happened, though."

"And what makes you say that?" 

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the silence and being scrunched in a ball in her cell." 

"Damn Coveys. We're gonna make 'em pay, for everything." He said, reassembling the DRM he was cleaning. He hands it to me, and I put it in my back. Jorge walks up to us. 

"How're you feeling, 6?" 

"Eh, fine. I'd say that I've been better, but still fine." 

"Good. Are you not gonna tell the girls about Summer?" 

"At this point, they're all home, so they've literally seen her."

"You know you've done good, right?"

"A real damsel in distress." Emile laughs. 

"I would definitely not call her that." I laugh back at him. 

"Really now?" Emile said, leaning against the table. "I'm curious, tell me more about her. Is she a looker?" 

"For God's sake!" Jorge gabs him by the arm, dragging him away. I just sigh and take over Emile's job, cleaning out the weapons. I come across a few weapons I've ignored, mostly the heavy weapons. Guess I just forgot about all that. 

"6, we need to talk." Cat said suddenly. 

"Um... okay?" I set my stuff down and walk over to the corner she had set up. I never really been in there, but the tables are all filled with computer hardware and wires I couldn't hope to understand. Give me a truck, and I'll assemble it's engine, but this? No way. 

"I got some weird message whenever I turn on the radio here..." she shows me her massive communication relay, which all of our coms went through, and the message is constantly repeating. 

"For the ones who call themselves Spartans..." 

"Yup, that's Cinder." I immediately say.