Chapter 21: Reverse Invasion

"Do you not wish to say goodbye to your compatriots from school?" Reha asks me.

"It would only make this harder." I cock my magnum, loaded with burn bullets.

"I can come with you, help you with your mission. Getting on board won't be an issue for an elite like myself."

"Reha, you escaped and earned your freedom. I'm not putting you through that again."

"You say it as if I were a slave. I was N'thura's second in command, I've led plenty of excursions to slaughter your kind like sick dogs." 

"Wow, are you trying to get me to hate you now?" 

"I... apologize. I still believe that there's a better solution." 

"Not one I can see." I attach the pistol to my thigh.

"How do you intend on getting those weapons in?" Emile asks me, walking over to the table I'm at. 

"They're gonna take them off me, but that'll be on the ship. I can get them back."

"Well, in that case..." Emile takes the shotgun off his back. "I can get another. Modified to take dust rounds without blowing the barrel off." He grabs a few boxes from under the table. 

"Burn, ice, gravity, lighting, and regular." He said, pointing to each respective box. "All color coded." 

"Well, thanks. I'll make use of it." I quickly pump all the unused shells out and and toss them into their box. I load up the black gravity shells, and I fill up my pouches with more of them. 

"You absolutely sure 'bout all this?" He puts his hand on the table. 

"Sure as I'll ever be." I attach the gun to my back. 

"I hate to sound like an asshole, but this Summer woman doesn't matter enough to risk your life." Jun said. 

"Wow. Talk about brutal honesty." 

"I wish Carter would just talk some sense into you." Jorge said, now walking over. 

"I support whatever your play is, 6." Carter said. 

"And I go with Carter." Cat said. 

"Jesus, your all suicidal." Jun said. We all turn to him. "Oh... right." We all go on like nothing happened. 

"I feel like I should address you guys." I stand up on the table. 

"Well, we're all ears." Jorge said. 

"Alright... here we go..." I take a deep breath as Noble gathers around. "You've all sacrificed your lives, baring Jun." 

"I don't regret that." Jun states.

"Sure. And you all sacrificed yourselves for me. Except for you, Cat. You just kinda got shot." 

"Fuck off." 

"I am. I died for Reach. And I know now I'm fully willing to die for Remnant. To die for the people on this planet. That includes the Rose family. Now, I'm being picked up in a few hours, so if you got anything to say, say it now." Of all people, Reha speaks up. 

"You welcomed me into your home. You showed me mercy from discrimination. My life is in your hands, Noble 6. If you require assistance, I will be at your aid once you return." 

"Ah, sure." I jump off the table, walking over to the warthog. "Emile, gun. Reha, shotgun, and get your active camo ready." 

"Why the Covey? Not Carter?" Emile asks as he takes the gun.