NINETEEN

Welcomed with open arms by colleagues in visions reciprocated into a temporary relief of normalcy

Welcomed with open arms by colleagues in visions reciprocated into a temporary relief of normalcy. Even after a week of glorifying my depressed untold tale I got back on my feet, a good sabotaging period later owning to the load of realization that I had a job to behold and man to confront.

But the lurching hesitation and resentment swiveled in full force- enough in intensity to have me cycle back to visions but not so bold to help me to face a man who I had been ignoring from past – I don't even remember days.

Emily- though she kept stirrin her green tea by the digital desk watching Benjamin, Jason and laxsha flock around me with a smile, a blind could take note of her covert apprehension.

Only she knows a bit of what has kept me for so long.

"You look so much better my bunny, I bet it was the cafeterias taco we had last week that caused the food poisoning" Benjamin bewailed running a hand across his stomach in circles "I guess our tummy got that immunity but yours don't"

"Ben-will you let the girl breath" Laxsha rescued me and dragged me to side "I forgive you Thea" she blurted sympathetically.

I was about to frown when Emily mouthed baby shower from behind, lathering her gesture with a choke.

In require immediate I did a deliberate nod of plead.

"I am so sorry I wasn't able to make it" I mumbled queasily, it churned my wit to know how genuine my guilt was- understandable, I wasn't even aware of the baby shower. But from the talks I had heard wiring around from weeks told me that It was Benjamin and friends who planned to throw her the surprise bash. I stared down at her huge baby bump and grinned "When's due?"

"Anytime- it's my last day here, then I am on a maternity leave" laxsha chirped and I almost joined here before I realized that I shouldn't- so what I had been feeling a bit better after the multiple breakdowns or does it matter that I could actually feel abled after knowing I had an ace to lead to my past?

I was angry and relaxed.

But most importantly- I still was Althea Davies, the one since birth. The tragedies could contaminate my surface, but never the roots.

Laxsha seem to have caught the tiny spark emitting from the bitter sweet smile of mine. Her dark and envy worthy brows shot up curiously.

"Is there something I don't know?"

Shrugging I slide by the counter and took my seat.

"There are many, do you know rats do giggle when you tickle them?"

Sighing she sat opposite, her usual space that we shared with a divider in between.

"Weren't you suppose to be Mr. Yu's assistant- don't you have like a solo cabin inside his-

"I am not going in there"

Acute lax silence after the snap.

"I-I mean, I could work from here. The same stuffs you know?" the damage control was lamer than the love life of my brother. But laxsha seem to buy it for now.