TWO

Frantically flying from one part of room to the next, then in repeat I tried to recall why I was running in circles for

Late.

Officially late I was for the meet as I hopped to the living room with one leg clad in sock and my eyes in search for other. I spot it by the couch's headrest, hanging like a retarded snake. I had no time or synergy to guess how and why it got there.

Best guess was- I am turning out to be like the two boys I live with.

I was losing it.

Pulling the socks over as Oliver and Felix had their breakfast silently, their bromance on display as they shared the same vessel they cooked the food in. I scrunched up my nose in disgust as I untangled my hair to a presentable appearance.

Felix paused to swallow in his bite.

"Laziness is better than tardiness"

At that I gave the kitchen counter a glace and refrained from gagging. It was littered with unwashed dishes from weekend with no regards of ever being done. More of reasoning why I forever avoid eating at home.

Grabbing my essentials and backpack I jog on the pavement reaching the bus stop only to see and hear the screech of the transport departing the station. I run- race down the road like a woman drugged on caffeine which I certainly was. My legs weighed tons in situation of emergency. And the slippery smooth roadside helped me skid a couple of times till I successfully fell face first on the ground.

Hissing a sentence of pain in unauthorised language I used my elbow to prop myself up. I looked to side to see the team leader, Mr. Torres the bane of my existence roll down the window of his Camry to smirk at me as he drives past.

My tongue poked the inside of my cheeks to neutralize the string of sweet words from following Mr.Torres down the road. I wasn't up by the time another car came to a halt beside. The door to it unlocked, an amused Oliver mentioned me.

We both know I had no say, so while I sat shot gun, he drove. I became restless to a confusing omen that twisted my stomach. Then I realized I haven't eaten much since last night. Oliver must have seen the trouble on my face as he passed me the wrapped sandwich he usually packs for his lunch.

I stuff it in without thanking him. He did scoffed my food last night.

But then-the drive was longer than I anticipated so I rummaged through the pile of papers in front of me by the board. He doesn't stop me so I go through it absentmindedly.

"You trying to do movies now?"

I glance at him as he nods, I return to them, countless pamphlets embossed with auditions hunt.

"Any luck?"

"Not yet"

"Read somewhere that the industry is not much diverse . I may sound harsh, but are you sure you want to do this?"