"From now on, only answer my question with yes and no, Haewon"

"Jungkook, is there something wrong?"

"Just answer me dear. I just need to know something"

Her dark orbs stared at him, and glanced at the small life playing with her toy while letting out some baby language. She took a deep breath and nodded. She was right when he was hiding something from her, which involves her, but she had no idea what it is. Did Jungkook heard some rumor about her cheating on him? If that was the case, the soldier might just have killed the man but he did nothing. So what is it?

"Have you-have you been sharing about my whereabouts to your uncle? In detail?"

"No"

She was speaking the truth. She only told the old man that her husband went away but doesn't tell him the location. It was his secret, so she kept it that way.

"Do you know anything about the German attacking our neighbourhood that night?"

There was uneasy feeling crept in her heart and she could sense how restless her man is. Why he was asking this kind of question?

"N-No. No, Jungkook"

"This is the last question, Haewon. And I want you to answer it truthfully"

She gulped and nodded. His eyes were showing fear, scared of any answer his wife might gave him. But he need to know, at least he can planned what he will do next.

"Do you know anything about your uncle treason?"

Her mind stopped upon hearing those words. It was as if she was hit by a rock and the giggling voice of their child was no longer heard. She went blank, and her hands that before was griping the hem of his uniform slowly went loose. She let it hanging at her side, eyes no longer in curiosity, It was changed to unacceptable gaze, as if his question was just something pure bullshit she ever heard.

"What-what are you t-talking about? He is my-"

"Haewon, answer my question. Do you know about it?"

Her body trembled and she stepped away from him. Her eyes were full of tear and suddenly she was short of breath. Jungkook went closer to her again, afraid that she might collapsed any moment but she stopped him by resting her palm at his chest. His heartbeat pacing didn't go unnoticed by her. But Haewon just couldn't think straight. All she could think was why, what, how and when did her uncle did this?

"No-no Jungkook. I never know about t-that. W-when, and h-how-"

"Haewon look at me, please."

"He was a kind person. He never get into fights . He didn't go and ask around for money-"

"Haewon, calm down and look-"

"How are you supposed to ask me to calm down when my uncle, the one who had been taking care of me was a traitor? We were never short of money, we don't go around making people hate us. And you expect me to believe he did a treason? Your question before about the attack, does that mean he knew about it too? Jungkook, he practically killed Mister Jones! And you are asking me to calm down?"

To her surprised, the man pulled her into his embrace and she bumped her face on his chest. She was emotionally unstable, and with the sudden warmth of their body, she broke down into tears. Her sobs was painful and unbearable to hear, and Jungkook could only comfort her. He was relieved the woman never knew about it, so now he was left to tell what will happen for the next three days. It will be challenging to tell her that her uncle will be executed later, but she need to know about it.

"W-what will happen to him?"

She stammered between her sobs and Jungkook only sighed while ribbing her back. Will it be alright to tell her? What if she ran to her uncle? Those possibility was making Jungkook reluctant to speak up the truth until his eyes met hers. dark orbs shining between those tears.

"You kept this secret about my uncle for too long, Jungkook. I don't think I can handle it anymore if you choose to keep a secret about his punishment. "

"And what if you will leave me after you know about it? "

The woman smiled painfully before cupping his handsome face and pulled him down until their forehead touched each other. Their breath mingled together and he closed his eyes involuntarily. The child who had been playing with her toy giggled at them and both of them cracked a smile. A sad smile. If only the Jaeun how miserable their situation are.

"When I was Lee Haewon, I only have my uncle. Now that I am Jeon Haewon, you and Jaeun are my top priority. I won't leave you Jeon Jungkook"