"Mac, what the hell are you doing?" Isaac asked, pulling back to the ground.

"Taking them to hell," I said pulling away. I let my visit turn orange as I released my flames around me. The power felt stronger than it usually was. They were thick orange. Instead of my usual aura, the fire flickered around me, ready to burn all these hunters down. I stepped forward toward the enemy and looked back at Isaac.

"You coming?" I asked.

"Hell yeah." He said, his eyes turning yellow.

I made my way toward the closest gunman. He was shifting the opposite way, his back turned toward me. He turned when he felt the heat of my flames. Before he could shit his gun again, I grabbed it, burning so hot that the gun started melting. I used my other hand and punched him in his face. He screamed as his skin started burning, dropping to the ground in pain. I moved to my next victim.

I took down five or six more guys, but they kept coming. Another shot pierced my skin but with the flame around me, I automatically started healing. I looked around, not sure where to go. To my left, I saw Lori staring down the barrel of a gun. A red dot in the middle of her forehead.

"Lori!" I screamed and took off toward her. Just as the man was about to fire, Scott came up and kicked the guy down. I made my way to her, turning off my flame to pull her to safety. Scott was clawing at the hunter, over and over.

"Don't look, close your eyes," I said blocking her view of the violence. "Scott!" I yelled but he kept going. He guys spit up blood.

"He's gonna kill him!" Lori cried.

"Scott, stop!" I yelled but it was like he couldn't hear me. The guys put up his hands to block his face and Scott paused his actions. That's when I noticed the vibrations coming from multiple phones. Scott pulled a phone from the hunter's pocket. He looked at the screen and turned it to the man.

"Please, just let me go." The man begged. Scott moved off of his and the man scrambled away, holding a hand to his wounds. I watched as the remaining gunman slowly made their way out of the room.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked Scott.

"They stopped it." He said and I sighed in relief.

"Thank god," I said and looked at Lori who was clinging to my arm. "Let's go find your brother, huh?" She nodded and we went in search of him. I spared my brother another glance as I walked away, he had a haunted look on his face.

"Lori!" Brett called out in relief when he finally saw her. She ran to him, pulling him into a hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, seeing the red patches of blood from bullet wounds.

"I'll heal. What about you?" He asked me, pulling me into a hug as well.

"I'm good. I heal pretty quickly when I want to." I said. The three of us walked together to find everyone else.

"You know, you said you were a Phoenix but I never knew what that meant. I definitely wasn't expecting that." Brett said.

"Yeah, I still got a few tricks up my sleeve," I replied.

"You're definitely hotter than I thought you were." He said with a smirk. Lori scoffed and punched her brother in the side.

"Gross, Brett." She frowned. "Is this really the best time to be flirting with your girlfriend?"

"Weren't not dating." I clarified, yet again.

"Yet." He said, the smirk never leaving his face. I rolled my eyes playfully. We came upon the group of everyone else.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked Isaac, walking up and pulling him to a hug.

"We're all a little banged up, but we'll be fine." He said. I looked around the room and everyone seemed to be in one piece.

"Is it over? Really over?" Kira asked Scott. He sighed and looked at all of us.

"I really hope so." His face was stoic. I made a mental note to check in with him when we were alone. I know what he almost did is weighing heavily on his mind.

"Can we go home now? I wanna wash some of this blood off." I said, stepping over one of the fallen hunters.

—————————-

What did you guys think? I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I wish I was better at writing action scenes but, oh well.

We're almost to the end of the season. I'm excited! Not sure what's gonna come next, but we'll find out together.

Let me know what you think?

1381 words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.