Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Mac's POV

"What are you so smiley about?" Isaac asked me as he finished getting ready for the school bonfire.

"Nothing," I said, looking up from my phone.

"Are you texting that douche bag again?" Isaac asked, referring to Brett.

"Well, I told him I'd keep him updated on what I know with the Deadpool." I defended.

"That's a quick conversation. 'Hey, I'm not dead. Anyone could be an assassin. Okay, have a great day.' You've basically been texting him nonstop since he went back to Satomi's pack." Isaac pointed out. Okay, maybe I have been flirting a little bit with him. He's cute and can actually hold a conversation.

"Maybe we've talked about a little more than just assassins," I said, looking back to my phone. "I might've invited him to the bonfire."

"Is he gonna come?" Isaac asked.

"I hope so?" I said with a questioning tone.

"You hope?" He asked.

"He said he would but I'm not sure he's gonna show up. I mean last time he came to Beacon Hills High, he was almost murdered." I said nervously.

"If he stands you up, I'm kicking his ass," Isaac said, tying his shoe.

"Well it's not just him that's worried, it's his sister too. She's scared for him, which I totally understand." I said, leaning back in his computer chair.

"Well, I've almost been murdered there a few times and I still show up," Isaac said jokingly. He plopped on the bed and gave me a serious look, "Is this you acting out because Derek has already moved on?"

"First of all, Brett and I are only friends and we occasionally flirt. Secondly, Derek has moved on and so should I." I clarified.

"You used to say the same thing about Derek before y'all got all lovey-dovey." Isaac pointed out. I shoved him off the bed.

"Come on, let's get ready to go," I said, shaking my head. It wasn't long before we were dressed and ready to party. Though we couldn't get drunk, we could still dance and have a good time. Take a much-needed break from our hectic lives. We arrived at the school, the bonfire was in full swing. Isaac and I went to find friendly faces. We found Malia who was dancing with a flask in her hand.

I sent Brett a text, telling him I had arrived, and asked if he was still coming. I watched as he read it and the three dots appeared at the bottom of the screen. They suddenly disappeared as he stopped tying. I waited a few more minutes for a response but received nothing. I glared at the phone before shoving it in my pocket.

"Hey!" Maila yelled in protest as I grabbed her flask and took a drink from it. I handed it back and started dancing with her. Isaac and I were the only ones Malia was really talking to at this moment. She was still pissed at us for lying to her, but as an esteemed member of the Abuse Buddies friend group, it's our only rule to not ignore the others. Especially in a time of need, like she was currently in. Malia and I passed the flask back and forth.

"You know we can't get drunk, right?" Isaac asked me.

"You know I don't really care," I said taking another shot of liquid. "I just wanna feel like a regular teenager for a while. Now, are you gonna be a party pooper or join in?" He grabbed the flask from me and took a shot.

"Boys suck!" Maila yelled and I cheered along.

"Hell yeah, they do!" I yelled. Malia laughed and Isaac grumbled a complaint.

"If I suck so much, how come I went out of my way to bring this?" A voice said and I turned to see Brett standing behind us with a small bottle of liquor.

"Hey, you came!" I exclaimed.

"Sure did." He said with a smirk on his face. "Hey, sorry for not texting back. I was driving, picked up a few of my teammates."

"It's cool. Wasn't too bothered by it." I lied with a shrug.

"Sure you weren't," Isaac said and I punched him in the arm. After a quick introduction, Brett joined us in drinking and dancing. I was having a blast. It wasn't soon after that when Scott came up to us. I could see him talking to Malia.

"Scott, my favorite brother! Join us!" I yelled.

"I'm your only brother, Mac," Scott said with a small smile. I took a step toward him and stumbled. Malia caught me and almost fell over herself.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Malia giggled as Scott caught us.

"You are drunk." Scott pointed out.

"Yep," Malia confirmed.

"But you can't be." He muttered. My head was started to feel fuzzy. What the hell is going on? I took a deep breath, as my head started to pound. I felt sick.

"Is this what drunk feels like? It doesn't feel as good as I hoped." Malia asked.

"I don't think it's supposed to," Scott said. I glanced over toward Isaac and Brett who looked like they were struggling as well. Scott grabbed the flask from Malia's hand and sniffed it.

"Malia... What's in this? What did you have to drink?" Scott asked us.

"Just vodka," Malia answered. I leaned back, falling into Brett. He wrapped his arm around me to keep me from falling.

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up," I said.

"I feel like I'm gonna pass out," Isaac responded.

"All the above." Brett groaned.

"Stay on your feet and keep moving. I'm gonna move her to the table and come back for you." Scott said, wrapping his arm around Malia and dragging her toward a table where an equally as sick Liam was at.

"This isn't just the liquor is it?" Isaac asked.

"You think they could've dosed it with wolfsbane?" Brett asked.

"Wolfsbane doesn't affect me," I stated. Scott came back and helped the rest of us get to the table. My head's pounding started growing, and I couldn't focus on anything. A black haze took over my mind as I went in and out of consciousness until it took over and I was completely passed out.

————————

Sorry it took so long to update. I've been working on a new project on Tumblr. Some one-shots and whatnot, the link is on my profile if you want to check it out. I have a few posted and requests are open for one-shots.

Are Mac and Brett our new ship? I guess you'll have to wait and see.

Just an FYI, Breonna Taylor's murders still haven't been arrested.

Let me know what you think?

1130  words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.