Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Mac's POV

When I came to I was inside the school, laid out on the floor. My head was still dizzy. I felt a liquid being sloshed over my body. I quickly recognized the smell of gasoline.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask, my head still pounding and my vision still blurry. I looked around to see Liam, Isaac, Malia, and Brett passed out on the floor.

"Mac," Scott said, relieved.

"Welcome to the world of consciousness, Princess." A guy standing in front of Scott said with a smirk. "You're just in time for the show."

"What show is that?" I asked pushing myself against the lockers.

"They're gonna burn us alive," Scott grumbled out with a glare.

"Haigh's orders." The man said, sloshing more gasoline across the group of supernaturals. I let out a dark chuckle.

"You're taking orders from Haigh? He failed before, what makes you think you'll be any different? You coward." I said. One of the goons came and slapped me across the face.

"Shut the hell up!" He yelled at me. I spit the blood from my mouth near his feet.

"Cute," I said with a smirk.

"Maybe we should start with this one boss." The guys said, grabbing me by my collar and pulling me off the ground. I tried to struggle, but my head was still hurting and my vision was still off. I was weak and I hated it.

"Don't worry, she'll burn like the rest of them." The main guy said pulling out a lighter. He flicked it on and crouched in Scott's face with a sadistic smirk. Suddenly the music stopped and I felt a surge of power. The guy, still holding me up received a knee to the balls. He let go to hold his crotch area because of the pain. I punched in him the face as could. He was down for the count. I turned and saw Scott using his Alpha strength to squeeze the hand of the maniac with the lighter. Before anything else could happen, Braden and Derek storm in, fighting off the rest of the would-be arsonists.

"Oh thank god," I said leaning against a nearby locker. Our other were-creature comrades started rising off the floor, still trying to shake the sickly feeling.

"What happened to the gun?" Scott asked Derek.

"You're covered in gasoline," Derek said, helping Scott off the ground.

"Oh, yeah," Scott said with a chuckle. I helped up Isaac and Brett, while Braden helped Liam and Maila to their feet.

"Man, I'm so tired of people trying to kill me," Brett said.

"You're preaching to the choir homie," Isaac said, clutching his knees.

"Can we please get out of here? I hate this smell." I asked the group.

"I don't know why you're complaining, you would be the only one not dead," Maila said.

"That's not my fault. They should've  just shot us in the head like a normal assassin." I said with a shrug.

"That was so dark," Liam said.

"Well it's true isn't it?" I said, shrugging again.

~

It had been a few hours now since the incident at the school. Everyone was on edge. The assassinations were getting bolder. Kira and I were at her place. I was giving her a rundown of the events when my phone rang.

"Is that Scott?" Kira asked excitedly.

"No, it's not your boyfriend." I teased her. She blushed deeply.

"He's not my boyfriend." She said shyly. I giggled and grabbed the phone to answer.

"Yet." I joked and looked at the caller ID. "It's Brett." 

"Oh, so it's your boyfriend?" Kira said with a smirk.

"He's not my boyfriend," I informed her.

"Yet." She teased back causing me to laugh. I shook my head at her with a smile and answered the phone.

"Hey, Brett. What's up?" I said into the phone.

"Mac." He said, his voice was panicked. I dropped my smile and sat up quickly.

"Brett? What's going on?" I instantly grabbed my shoes and started pulling them on.

"There are hunters after us. Lori and I, we're at Beacon High. I don't know if we can make it out of here." He said and I could hear the fear in his voice.

"Just hold on, I'm on my way," I said.

"Lori! Run!" I heard him yell and then there was silence.

"Brett?" I yelled into the phone. The line went dead.

"Kira, Brett, and his sister are in trouble. We have to go. We have to go now." I said grabbing my keys. We immediately ran to the car and started driving to the school. It was hard to see out the windshield because it was pouring down rain.

"I sent a text to Scott," Kira informed me. I nodded, gripping the wheel. What if we don't get there in enough time? "We'll find him, Mac."

"This is getting ridiculous, Kira. We can't keep having to run for our lives." I said and she muttered a soft 'I know'.

We got there and I instantly went on a search. I hopped out of the car and tried to sense his emotions. I could feel a lot of anger and fear coming from the lacrosse field. Before I could tell Kira, I saw the lights come on in the field.

"Come on," I yelled and we took off toward the field. When we approached the field, the two were standing there, eyes closed with lasers pointed at them. Kira kept running, using her sword to slice the incoming arrow.

"Run!" She yelled at the siblings.

"Brett!" I yelled and he ran toward me with his sister in tow. I handed him my keys and they headed to my car. Kira was still in the field, fighting off the arrows. "Kira, come on!"

We made it back to my car, which Brett had already started. As soon as Kira and I jumped in the backseat, he hit the gas and we were off. We all finally had a chance to breathe.

"Brett, what were you guys doing out here?" I asked him.

"Our pack moved locations because of the last assassin attack. We got hit again and split up. Lori and I just kept running. We hid in a bus, but they found us again." Brett said.

"Why did you call Mac?" Kira asked confused.

"She's the only person I could think to call. The only person I know I could trust." He said, locking eyes with me in the rearview mirror for a second. I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Where are we gonna go?" Lori asked, gripping her brother's jacket.

"I might have a place," I informed them.

——————————

Sorry for the long, long wait. Hopefully, this chapter worth it.

Let me know what you think?

1144 words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.