Chapter 10

"Am I not enough reason for you to stay??" His tone revealed how much hurt he is from the pain I've inflicted him. If only he knew...

Tears pooled in my eyes as I looked away. I'm still resting on his shoulder. I can feel him shaking, a bit.

"I did everything, everything to keep you staying with me" He shook his head. I was just there, listening to him while I have my hand covered on my mouth.

"Med school was so tough at that time. I had no sleep, I barely even had a proper meal. But, you were there" Siminghap siya. The rain was more calmer now, unti unting humihina.

"Your presence was good enough for me to keep striving" I pursed my lips together as my heart started beating so darn fast. I felt an overwhelming feeling of guilt and pain.

"I just needed you to be there, Alexa. I don't care if you don't love me anymore, just be there..." Pumikit ako ng mariin. Tears kept rolling down my cheeks like a waterfall.

"I had no idea you were falling out of love" He licked his lips before looking at me.

Isang impit na hagulgol ang tumakas sa labi ko, my heart is bleeding. I am bleeding for him, so bad.

"I-I'm sorry" Suminghap ako at saka napatingin sa ibaba, hindi malaman laman kung anong gagawin.

"You've moved on, I'm sure you're fine now" Sinubukan kong ngumiti nang sabihin ko 'yon.

"Did I really?" He smirked before looking away.

If you didn't moved one then what's Vanessa for then? Why is she with you? Why did you court her? It was so hard for me to replace you, is it hard for you too?

I licked my lips. "What if, I did not leave you?" I asked before placing my chin on his shoulder.

"We would be married by now" I smiled, my heart is banging inside my chest like a drum. I hate it, I hate how he sounded passionate when he said that.

"I will let you pursue your dreams. That's first, and then when you're finally ready...I will marry you" By the way he said those things, it's like he planned all of it in his head.

"I want four kids, 2 girls and 2 boys. You know, I want to experience both genders-" Umawang ang labi ko roon.

"Alam mo ba kung gaano kahirap manganak tapos gusto mo apat?" Halos napasigaw ako ro'n. He bit his lower lip like he's trying to stop himself from smiling.

"Of course it's your body, that's just me. Your decision matters to me the most" Tipid akong ngumiti bago suminghap.

"But that was before" My stomach suddenly felt shallow. Parang biglang sumakit ang puso ko roon, tama nga naman siya. It's Vanessa now, not me.

I was just part of his past, not his present.

"I am well aware of that" I answered like it's nothing to me.

"Rest, I'll wake you up when help comes" Mapait ako ngumiti bago ko ipinikit ang mata ko.

Maybe, in another dimension or universe. We wouldn't end up like this.

And I hope, the Alexa there is brave and strong to fight for his Mateo.

***

"Alexa..." I heard Mateo's tired voice echo in my ear. I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me adoringly.

"Hmm?"

"Let's go, our driver is already here. They've already got my car" Humikab ako bago tumayo. How many minutes have I slept?