Chapter 39

"Give it up for Miss Alexa Celine Garcia!" I smiled sweetly at the crowd before thanking one of the employees for giving me a bouquet of flowers.

I licked my lips before tilting my head to the side. Binigyan rin ako ng mic ng isa sa mga empleyado para makapagsalita ako.

"Uh...wow I am very overwhelmed by the support" I was quite panting since the dressing room earlier was chaotic.

I smiled at the crowd once again. This, this is one of the reasons why I didn't regret pursuing what I really wanted to do. Fashion designing.

I have had a couple of fashion shows from time to time and this maybe one of the biggest since a celebrity joined the fashion show!

"I would like to thankyou my team, everything won't be possible without you guys of course. My family from the philippines, they're the first few people who gave me strength and courage to pursue all of this" I gulped.

"My friends who were always there to comfort me. And..." Tumawa ako at saka umiling iling. I would love to say thankyou to Mr. Mateo who made all of this possible for me, the only man who stuck with me, the only man whom I've loved.

"Thankyou to all the audience who came, the models who showcased my craft. Thankyou" Nagsipalakpakan na ang lahat habang ako naman ay nagbow ng konti at saka bumalik bumaba.

Some celebrities, influential people and businesswomans talked and came up to me. Our topic would always be about the work and the venue and how I'm doing, they would praise me and all that.

This...world I've entered really stepped up my game. But I'm afraid I'd be leaving after a few months or even years?

I think four years is enough, I would just like to settle down and marry.

Pero sinong pakakasalan ko? Sarili ko?

I haven't felt inlove with anyone for the past four years! Merong mga manliligaw pero wala talaga akong magustuhan ni isa sakanila.

Gusto ko nalang ikasal tapos magkaanak. And besides I'm already twenty-eight! I should be atleast engaged by now.

Kakatapos lang ng fashion show, I am contacting my secretary now. I've already booked a flight and I'm coming home tomorrow.

"Hello Jen? Yeah I'm on my way to my condo. Please maaga tayo bukas, you should just sleep inside my condo may spare room ako" Tinigil ko ang sasakyan ko nang mapark na 'yon at saka lumabas.

I was greeted by a few employees along the way before I entered the elevator. Nginitian ko lang sila.

"Hindi na po ma'am, kakatukin ko nalang kayo" I sighed heavily as I entered my condo. I placed my keys and bag down the table before sitting on my couch, head laid back because of stress and fatigue.

"Okay okay, see you" At pinatay ko na ang tawag. My eyes were suddenly fixed on the framed picture of Mateo in my living room.

Yes, I still have some of our pictures here. I know he's probably married to Stella by now, siguro itatapon ko nalang pag ginanahan ako.

Bumuntong hininga ako at saka lumapit sa litrato namin sa balesin.

I smiled when I held it, uuwi na ako sa pilipinas bukas. Do you think I can handle seeing you married to another women? Other than me?

Maybe I'll just conceal it. Or masasaktan ba ako? Knowing that you're happy.

Not with me but with another girl.

After I left I went through actual hell, I strived and strived just to get to where I am. Hindi biro, kundi dahil kay Caleb baka hanggang ngayon naghihirap pa din ako.