Epilouge

"Sige ma, salamat sa pagbabantay kay Marrise. We'll get her back after we settled down" Mom's tired eyes looked at me in a forlorn way. Dad was driving the car while Mom's sitting on the shotgun seat.

She renewed her focus on the road before closing her eyes shut like she's trying to calm herself.

I sighed heavily before licking my lips. I'm tired of this, ever since Martha died my parents started being so stressed and sad. Especially when mom got pregnant again with Marrise.

"We're here" Dad spoke. I closed my eyes shut. They got out first but me...I'm too tired to even leave this car.

Does my mental health even pass their problems? I doubt that.

"Mateo anak, let's go" Suminghap muna ako bago lumabas. I glanced over the house in front of us, there's a child standing behind a window, her eyes were twinkling with so much happiness.

Tss, kids.

"And this is Alexa their second child" The child was wearing a flowy white dreas, her hair was properly groomed and her eyes twinkled once again.

I wanted to smile when I saw how she was shaking when she offered her hand to me.

Her hand was soft and gentle, pasmado din siya.

"Nice to meet you, Alexa" She smiled shyly at me before taking her hand back. Gusto kong ngumiti, pero hindi ko magawa.

She looks so matured looking for her age. Like someone who's the same age as me. I like the way how her eyes would twinkle every time she sees me, She seems like a dream, like a goddess sent from above.

Hmm, looks like the heavens favors me now huh?

"Makikipag close" The way she sounded so happy to be here, knowing that I can't even entertain her.

After a minute of just looking at eachother her face changed, she frantically shifted on her seat before fixing her hair.

"O-On second thought...aalis nalang ako-"

"It's fine, you can stay" I assured her.

"Talaga?" She exclaimed, I secretly smiled at that. She's so innocent I feel like it's illegal to even be in the same room as her, I feel like any person who would dare touch her will be a sinner, that's how innocent she looks.

"Hmm, just don't move as much" Damn, I swear if she does something I will kick her out here. Not because she annoys me but because I'm afraid I couldn't contain myself I'd let my feelings get the best of me.

"I-Ikaw" She looks shy after. I want to scream so much because damn, She likes me!

I stopped celebrating when I've realized that she's just ten, she probably doesn't even know what love means, or what its difference with like. Her feelings are shallow Mateo, that's a fucking child.

"You don't...you're still a kid, we're both kids. Your feelings are still shallow" No matter how much I want to convince myself that her feelings are long lasting, that what she's feeling for me is deeper than what I think it is. But no, she's a child.

Alam mo naman palang bata ba't mo nagustuhan, Mateo? Gago ka. But damn, we're just three years apart...

"Ma, where's Alexa?" I asked, they were busy arranging stuff. After they get Marrise we'll move again, but I will visit Alexa here every weekend.