I could hold you for a million years...

It was a chilly night. The kind of night Crowley used to dread spending by himself. The kind of night that made him contemplate his place in the world more than most nights.

But he wasn't alone tonight. No, he had all the company he desired in the form of an angel bopping around the bookshop, reordering shelves that were already in near-perfect order and humming along to the classical music that was softly playing on the gramophone.

Crowley was scrolling through Instagram, content to be in the presence of Aziraphale and not desiring all of the angel's attention on him as he sometimes did. Well. That's what he told himself. He insisted to his nagging mind that he was not looking for a post that may interest Aziraphale so that he could show it to him and get the angel to stop cleaning things that didn't need to be cleaned and snuggle with him. That just simply was not what he was doing.

He breathed out a small laugh through his nose at a post. This one would do.

"Angel?" he drawled casually from the sofa.

"Yes, dearest?" Aziraphale answered, head popping around a bookshelf to meet Crowley's uncovered yellow eyes. Crowley had been wearing his glasses less and less these days, after a few comments from Aziraphale about how 'positively dashing' his eyes were.

"Did you know," Crowley shifted so that one leg rested atop the back of the sofa, the other still stretched out down the length of the it that was meant to be sat upon, "that humans have made memes about Shakespeare?" Crowley smirked as he watched all of Aziraphale's attention find its way to him. He saw it in the turn of his shoulders, the more relaxed nature of his posture, the furrow in his brow that displayed the fact that he was contemplating Crowley's words.

After a bit the angel tutted and shook his head before meeting Crowley's eyes again. "My dear boy, I can't, for the life of me, remember what a 'meme' entails. Is that the one that is a short cinematographic clip?" Aziraphale questioned, hopefully.

Crowley groaned without any real animosity. "No, angel. That's a TikTok," he pronounced the consonants of the word aggressively.

"Ah, yes, right! Of course. So..." Aziraphale walked towards Crowley, his interest piqued, "what exactly is a 'meme'?" he rested his hands on the back of the couch on either side of Crowley's leg.

"It's like a funny picture. It's a bit hard to explain..." Aziraphale continued to stare expectantly at him. He continued, "There are many different types of memes... This one uses a template from "The Office,"" Crowley said. Aziraphale furrowed his brow, not really understanding. Crowley just tilted his phone so the angel could see the post that read: 

When the angel finished reading it he breathed out a small sound of amusement

When the angel finished reading it he breathed out a small sound of amusement. Crowley tried to suppress a huge grin at his reaction. He failed miserably, but Aziraphale didn't seem to mind.

He walked around the couch and waited for Crowley to move his leg so that he could sit next to him. The demon obliged, lifting his leg, only to place it over Aziraphale's lap once the angel had gotten comfortable. "Really, darling-" Aziraphale started to complain but was cut off by Crowley.