Encouraging the Rain

~!~ I'm partaking in a Good Omens Celebration and I'm writing for prompts, so I'll be updating once a day on the weekends of May!! (I nearly forgot today, but it's still May 1st where I am!!!) Today's prompt was Comedy. I hope you enjoy! ~!~

It was a cloudy spring day on the first of May. Not that Crowley knew what day it was. An immortal being such as himself had no need to be aware of the date. Also, he'd only just woken up on the bookshop sofa.

He'd sleepily stalked over to plant a kiss in Aziraphale's fluffy curls, who'd hummed appreciatively and said, "Good morning, my love."

Crowley thought he remembered responding with a grunt that hopefully communicated how elated he was to be allowed to exist with the angel like this. Aziraphale had squeezed his hand and beamed at him in a way that had Crowley feeling optimistic about his chances of Aziraphale understanding his sentiment.

Then, he'd left his angel to his reading and trudged into the backroom to make himself a coffee. His body was nearly on autopilot at this point, having made coffee here so many mornings as of late. It was nice, not having to think too much about anything. There was a time when his mind would have been buzzing with the exhilarating mix of joy and anxiety that came with waking up at the bookshop, but those days were long gone. Now, he felt more at home in the bookshop than he did anywhere else in the entire universe. But... that may have been due to the fact that Aziraphale was nearly always there. His lips leisurely curved up at the thought.

Once his coffee was brewed, he traipsed over to the grimy windows at the front of the shop.

There was a ledge along all of them that the architects probably included to allow for some built-in seating for weary customers to rest. Aziraphale had them perpetually filled with stacks of books, as customers lounging about the shop was exactly the type of thing he would shudder at. A demon whom he loved dearly loitering near the entrance, however, he most likely wouldn't mind.

He gingerly picked up a stack of books and moved them to the floor. He squinted at the space it made before deciding to move another stack. This way he'd have a bit more room for his gangly limbs to spread out without damaging any precious books.

Once he had himself settled comfortably (in a position that looked far from comfortable to anyone else), he began some good, old-fashioned people watching. A skill he was very adept at, after years upon years of practice.

There were just so many people in London. People with vastly different lives, backgrounds, occupations, ancestors, etc. all huddled together, walking down the same street. They had so many differences, yet so much in common at the same time.

Crowley glanced up at the sky. It was an overcast day. He smirked to himself. It was bound to rain anyway today, surely a little push wouldn't hurt.

He held his head high as he snapped with a bit of overly dramatized flair.

A loud crack of thunder was the only warning the pedestrians got before the downpour began.

Many people tried to cover their heads, their possessions, or their clothes. Some started to run, seeking shelter as quickly as possible. Some people didn't even seem to notice, continuing on determinedly to their destination. Someone threw up their hands in disbelief.

Different people who respond in different ways, all thrust into the same inconvenient situation.

Crowley's grin spread from ear to ear.

He spotted a little girl who'd left her father's side to splash in a puddle. His smile softened slightly at her innocent giggles as she got her dress completely soaked with London rainwater.

Ineffable Husbands One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें