one.

before we begin:
- everyone is aged in their 20s!
- sunoo has black hair & sunghoon has blonde
- no use of korean honorifics!
- cursing is involved!!
- strictly fanfiction and made up, i do not own enhypen or any of their music mentioned. i only own the storyline. thanks!!

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙˚*

"i can't go with you," sunoo insists, refusing the offer he so desperately wants to accept.

"please, sunoo! i need someone to come with me and it's your favorite group, too! i can't believe you're saying no," ni-ki cries, vigorously shaking sunoo by the shoulders.

sunoo gives his best friend a look of guilt. it's not that he doesn't want to go to the concert with him, trust me, he does, but it was hard to accept those kinds of invitations from ni-ki when he knows he would never be able to repay him.

ni-ki releases his grip on sunoo, standing back with his arms crossed. his taller stature practically hovers over the latter. ni-ki clears his throat before saying, "okay, that's it. now, i'm telling you. no, demanding you. you're coming with me and that's final!"

there's no getting around him. that's just how nishimura riki is and how he's always been. sunoo should have known that once he'd signed up to be ni-ki's best friend. they'd met back in university and have been best friends ever since. sunoo doesn't know how he got so lucky to have someone like him in his life, but he did. if ni-ki hadn't been there the day his family disowned him, he doesn't know what he would've done.

despite all that, ni-ki and sunoo have always loved music, which is the reason they met at university in the first place, since they went to one for the arts. the only difference between them is that ni-ki has a career out of it and sunoo doesn't. and when ni-ki is able to so easily get tickets to a concert for one of their favorite groups, it pains sunoo to know he would never have the money to pay him back. sunoo doesn't even have the money to live alone, which is why ni-ki so willingly took his best friend who felt like an older brother in. the older doesn't want him to feel like he has to take care of him, but nothing sunoo says seems to ever change the younger's mind.

"you'd be a real idiot to think i wouldn't let you come to this concert with me, sun," ni-ki snorts, taking a seat on the sofa of the living room.

sunoo bites his tongue in hesitation, wanting to explain how ni-ki landed front row tickets, which were literally over ₩427,000 each, and that he doesn't have anything for him in return. but instead, sunoo gives in. "i-i guess so."

ni-ki flashes him a smile once the words escape sunoo's lips and he jumps up from his spot on the couch to engulf the shorter into a bone-crushing hug. "HELL YES! this is going to be so much fun! we're going to an enhypen concert!!!!!"