sixteen.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

͙˚*

"hey, ni-ki, can we talk?"

kim sunoo finds himself at the door of the practice room where nishimura riki is practicing some choreography in front of the mirrored wall by himself.

"sunoo! i always have time for my best friend," he exclaims, combing his fingers through his messy hair as he makes his way over to the latter.

"i just wanted to ask you about yesterday. you seemed really tense."

ni-ki shifts his weight from one side to the other uncomfortably. as the choreographer, he hated how he lost his cool back there. and as the youngest out of all of them, he felt like he had to hold it together more to prove his maturity and ability to be their choreographer. maybe he had put too much pressure on himself, though...

"i'm okay, sun. how about you?"

sunoo had a feeling ni-ki wasn't telling the complete truth, but when ni-ki does that, he knows as his best friend that it's his way of saying he's not ready to open up yet.

"i'm stressed, but i'm good. everyone is stressed and that's okay. the show will be fun! we got this," sunoo says, patting his taller friend on the arm reassuringly.

ni-ki sighs, relaxing his posture a bit. he just wants everything to go perfect. he's always been like that as a choreographer, but it was never as overwhelming choreographing for stray kids. so why was it so stressful now?

a voice suddenly sounds from the door sunoo stood at only minutes prior. "hey, guys, we're going live for a bit to have some fun before the show friday. wanna join?"

yang jungwon sends a dimpled smile toward the two boys, a hopeful glint in his eye.

and that's when it hits ni-ki. he doesn't want to look any less than perfect in front of yang jungwon. he cares what jungwon thinks of him.

he really cares.

"sounds good! can riki join?"

ni-ki and sunoo both look to jungwon for an answer. jungwon crosses his arm with a shrug, a smirk playing on his lips. "doesn't matter to me. i'm fine with introducing engenes to the beanstalk of hybe."

ni-ki's heartbeat couldn't help but speed up. if jungwon wasn't being flirty right now, then ni-ki is god awful at picking up signals. but if he is, oh, how the tables have turned.

you're gonna be the death of me, yang jungwon.

͙˚*

"hello, engene!" jungwon happily greets from the giant sofa of a room they chose to stream in. all seven boys were perched upon it. "before you ask, no, this isn't another new member of enhypen," jungwon explains with a chuckle, gripping the arm of the choreographer sat beside him. "this is our choreographer ni-ki!"