twelve.

͙˚*

making an irrational decision at 2am because he can't fall asleep is where kim sunoo lies right about now. ever since dinner and his conversation with jungwon wrapped up, the gang had split ways to chill for the rest of the day. sunoo took it upon himself to hide in his room as he thought of ideas on how to approach sunghoon.

not only is he dying to know what's going on for his own selfish reasons, but he's also determined to fix their relationship for the well-being of the group. sunoo's just beginning to fulfill his lifelong dreams; he can't bare going into his first album release knowing him and one of his group mates have a dent in their friendship!

the only issue with sunoo's plan to think of what to say to sunghoon is...he can't think of what to say to sunghoon. even when heeseung came in to bid him goodnight he was still clueless.

now, sunoo sits wide awake in bed, his legs crisscrossed and his mind jumbled. would sunghoon even be awake at this hour? well, if there's any chance he's up thinking the same way he is, then sunoo is willing to take that chance.

in a pair of baggy worn-down sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt, kim sunoo strides in all his tired glory across the hall to the apartment complex shared by yang jungwon and park sunghoon. his knuckles tap against the wooden door frame too fast before his brain can catch up with his body and tell him to go the hell back to bed.

regret seeps through him moment by moment, and it's to his extreme surprise that the door is not only opened...but opened by nishimura riki.

͙˚*
EARLIER THAT EVENING. . .

jungwon reenters the dining room, in which four out of the seven boys remain, bowls emptied and tummies full. jake sends jungwon an inquisitive look, remembering sunoo having been with him. "hey, where's sunoo?"

the latter flicks his chin toward the door behind him, gesturing to how sunoo chose to stay back. "i should probably go talk to sunghoon, though."

jungwon leaves begrudgingly, ni-ki's eyes pinned on him the whole way. once the shorter leaves, ni-ki turns to the others. "what's up with all of this drama? sunoo has hardly mentioned enough of it."

jay shrugs, focused on the cell phone in his hands. "beats me. feels like a childish fight between some toddlers," he scoffs, mostly uninterested.

from beside him, heeseung rolls his eyes. "hey, as much as i love hoon, it's definitely him who started it. i mean, how could he go from being whipped to being ice cold just like that?"

"bro's on his period," jay says.

"whatever it is," jake adds, "i just hope it's figured out soon. we've got to focus on the comeback."