Apollo's POV (1)

(DISCLAIMER: I don't own Percy Jackson and the Heroes of Olympus, the Heroes of Olympus, or the Trials of Apollo! These characters and this world belong to the god Rick Riordan! Also, this is my first fanfiction so if you have any nice critiques that would be great! Hope you enjoy!)  

When my alarm went off I was extremely close to jumping out the window. 6:00 am was much to early for me to get up in my mortal form. Now dear reader I know what you're thinking, "but Apollo, aren't you the sun god? Shouldn't you be a morning person? And why are you still in that horrifying mortal form, I thought that you had been freed from your trials and let back on Olympus?" Unfortunately, my dad (Zeus) had thought that I should attend a mortal high school to get the whole 'teenage experience,'  as if the acne and disgusting body odor wasn't enough. My father had found it in his heart to get me an apartment for me and my dear friend, Meg McCaffery.  Alas here I was, getting ready for my fist day of high school- well real day. I did attend a school about 50 years ago to catch the eyes of a young man but that didn't work out and I had just used my godly brains to pass my classes. 

I got out of bed to wash my face (when I fully returned to my godly form I would have to send my thanks to Hyram.) When I finished my skin care routine I had gotten ready for the day and went to wake up Meg. 

Now dear reader, you must understand this: the Coronavirus that is going around is not my fault. Because I am not on Olympus, the Nosoi have run wild and started spreading the deadly disease, and I am not there to stop them. So unfortunate, the world has to deal with my absence. The high school I will be attending will be run on two schedules. The students whose last names went from A-H would be attending school on Mondays and Tuesdays. The rest of the pupils would be going on Thursdays and Fridays. Wednesdays would be asynchronous for all. On the days where we weren't at school, our classes would be online. Unfortunately, this was reversed for the middle school. Meaning that Meg had already attended school earlier this week so she would be home alone whilst I was away for 6 hours, and that was just a tragedy waiting to have an epic written about it. 

 Si of course, the lovely Sally Jackson had stepped in to save the day. I would be dropping Meg off and the Blofis/Jackson apartment for the day while I was at in-person school, and Sally would be watching Meg for the day. Meg didn't mind this because Sally was like a mother to her, (and quite frankly all demigods who had the pleasure of meeting her.) The only issue with this was that Sally was pregnant and needed to work while Meg was there. I really hoped Meg would dial down the crazy whilst she was visiting. 

"MEG GET UP," I yelled while barging into her room. The seventh grader was wearing a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt with fuzzy Christmas pants. 

"GO AWAY," was her lovely response. With that I pulled the covers off her, exposing her to the bitter November air. Then she waked me in the head with one of her pillows. 

"Get up, or I'm going to be late."

"I don't care." 

"Sally will have breakfast." That seemed to get her out of bed. Who could refuse the blue wonders of of the Jackson kitchen.