~XVII~

I really thought online school was easy the first few weeks, but here I am now more stressed than ever while not having any motivation to do any of the work until it's late ;-;

Also, my skill in writing has 📉📉📉 and that's what I get for not writing for God knows how long :)

Y/n's POV

Four in the morning. The sky was dark, not even the moon or stars to be seen through the clouds. It's even colder than it was earlier, thanks to the sun. I hugged my jacket closer to my body for some warmth, but I didn't help much.

It's been a couple days since I was curled up in my bed with a pounding headache. The pain has finally subsided and I was back to moving my muscles for longer than two minutes without struggle. I gained my strength back sooner than the migraine left. Due to this sticking around for a couple days, I haven't been to school or even spoke to Ethan. Not a message as gone his way, and still, he wasn't being annoying.

I slept all day today. Thanks to my medicine, it makes it difficult for me to fall asleep most of the time. I'm up until my body can't take it anymore. And the headache didn't help at all, it only made it more difficult. This morning I finally fell asleep and didn't wake up until a few hours ago, only to find my headache was gone. I was back to feeling normal and I couldn't be more thankful to finally go back to living my life.

Though, with living my life, that included showing up at Ethan's window in the middle of the night.

I stood outside, holding my cold phone against the side of my face. I stared at his window, waiting for a light to turn on or a sound to be made. But instead, the buzzing coming from my phone stopped abruptly. He declined the call.

"This ass." I mumbled angrily to myself as I tapped the button to call him again.

This time, before the third ring, Ethan's voice replaced the buzz. "Seriously?" He grumbled in a lower, raspy voice.

"You're not gonna believe this."  I spoke, not too loudly as to not let him know I'm outside yet.

Ethan, tired and annoyed, replied, "That you woke me up three hours before my alarm? I know." I could already see the disbelief he's going to have when he sees me.

"That you're not even happy to hear from me after almost three days? Yeah, I don't believe it." I mocked. I wasn't necessarily angry, I completely understood why he wasn't very pleased, but I enjoyed messing with him.

"Y/n, you woke me up on a school night-"

I interrupted him, getting impatient. "Just let me in, we can continue this conversation when I'm not shaking so much I look like one of those small dogs."

There was a pause, nothing but silence coming through the phone. I could hear the cogs turning in his head as his half awake mind processed what I said to him. Soon, a light in his bedroom turned on.

"Do not tell me you're actually outside." He said right before he ripped open his curtains, giving him a full view of me standing in the dark, smiling wide at him. He quickly hung up the phone and pushed his window up, giving me an entrance to the warm room he was in. "You're kidding me." He growls as he steps to the side to let me in.

I pull myself up, fitting my legs through first and using his desk to keep me stable. "If this was a joke, I would've at least brought a packet of gum that shocks you."

"Why are you here?" He whisper yells as he shuts his window behind me.

I turned around to face him. "Well I knew you weren't going to leave your house until you're ungrounded, so I came here."