~VI~

Yaaaay, I have to read/study a 75 page book about driving so I can get my permit next year....75 pages about driving...I'm going to have many mental break downs and slam my head against the wall so many times :)

Would you guys hate me if the next book I came out with wasn't an x reader, but instead a ship? It would only be that once, then I'd go back to x readers.

Y/n's POV

Standing next to the automatic doors, my eyes scanned the parking lot for a specific person. I ran my fingers along the corner of the folded paper in my hoodie pocket. The wind blew harshly, sending shivers down my spine and creating goosebumps all over my arms. I wanted to walk inside for warmth, but I remained in my place outside as I waited for Ethan.

It was a few minutes past two, my hopes of him showing up weren't too low. He could be running a bit late or his car broke down or something. So, I stood there in the cold, waiting for Ethan. I refused to give up so quickly. Though, as the minutes passed, I began debating on doing so.

Time passed and I still stood outside alone. Mindlessly, I ran my hand down the purple braid hanging from my head. The hair started at the top in a dark purple and slowly fades into a much lighter, almost white, purple. I blew a loose strand out of my face, sighing when I still saw no sign of Ethan.

Searching the parking lot one last time, I decided to give up and head back home. Disappointment filled my stomach as I began walking away from the doors. I continued to run my finger over the corner of the paper, I regretted wasting my time. It was my fault for ever thinking he'd show up.

"Y/n!" Someone yelled, panting heavily.

I turned around quickly, in search of who yelled my name. Immediately, my eyes landed on a certain boy, hunched over, his hands on his knees as his chest quickly rose and fell. I smiled brightly, happy to see who it was.

I began walking toward him, patting him on the back. "Good to see you showed up, Ethan."

He pulled his head up so he could look at me. After a second, he stood up strait, still slightly out of breath. "Sorry I took so long."

"What'd you do?" I asked, an eyebrow raised. "Did you run all the way here?" I joked.

Instead of spitting a joke back at me like I had expected, he shrugged, looking guilty. I looked at him, dumbfounded, unable to say anything. How far did he run?

Ethan grinned at my reaction, shaking his head. As if he read my mind, he said, "It wasn't that far, don't think I ran a marathon or anything."

"Your lack of breath says otherwise." I smiled, slapping him playfully on his shoulder.

I began making my way inside the store, Ethan following close behind.

"Yeah, mind telling me what we're doing exactly?" Ethan asked.

I pulled the list out of my pocket, turned around and gave it to him. We've stopped walking and we stood a few feet away from the entrance. It wasn't like we were in the way, people could still get in without problem, but we still got some rude looks.

Ethan looked at the paper in curiosity and confusion. He unfolded it, eyes slightly widening when he saw it was full of random tasks. His eyes quickly scanned over the paper, eyebrows stitched together.

"I'm still confused." Ethan stated when he was finished reading the list.

"It's my To Die List." I shrugged. He still looked confused. "It's a bucket list." I stated, rolling my eyes.