-IV-

Me: *writes a book about cancer*
My dog: *gets cancer*
Family member: *dies of cancer*
Me: *extra dreppresso*

Ethan's POV

With an annoyed sigh, I shut my bedroom door. I resisted the urge to slam it, knowing it'd only get me into more trouble.

I had just gotten home from the night out with Y/n. I had fun, to say the least. It was terrifying, but that's what made it fun. I definitely would not do it again though. I didn't have that much fun.

The two of us stayed at the park longer than we had planned. After we made our plans for tomorrow's task, we traded stories, asked each other questions, made jokes. We got to know each other better. We sat on those swings talking, sometimes messing around on the other things on the playground. We were the only ones there, it was a judgment free place for that night. My stomach hurt from laughing so much and my face ached from how much I smiled.

It wasn't until we realized it was almost midnight that we rushed back to my Dad's bike and drove off. I dropped her off at her place before I left to go to mine. I made a mental note to ask for my shirt back tomorrow.

I was anxious to go home. I knew what was waiting for me behind that wooden door. In the tiniest bit it helped to know I wasn't the only one in trouble, my Dad was as well. Me more than him, however.

As soon as I stepped foot in the house, before I could give the keys to my Dad, all I could hear was my Mother storming into the room. Dad followed her like a guilty puppy. With rage and disappointment, she lectured me for being out this late(on a school night, especially), driving a motorcycle, and not telling them where I was. My Dad was mildly yelled at for letting me drive his motorcycle. She wasn't supposed to know I had it, but obviously plans didn't go as well as we thought. She was strict about me being around the bike. She's heard of all the accidents that happen on those things. She didn't want me to end up like those people.

After all the lectures and groundings, she sent me to my room downstairs. It wasn't like I was planning on doing other things, I wanted to go to my room, but the fact the she had told me to go to my room made me want to go anywhere but there. I wanted to stick my tongue out childishly and walk into the kitchen. As much as I wanted to, I didn't. I didn't want to dig myself a deeper hole.

As soon as I collapsed on my bed, my phone began ringing, an oh so familiar caller ID on the screen. Without even picking my phone up, I answered the call, put it on speaker, and let my arm fall limp again.

"Howdy!" My best friend greeted.

I hummed lazily in response, too frustrated to form any words. Growing up with me, Andrew recognized my tone.

"What happened?" Andrew asked, preparing himself for a story.

I was angry and saw this as a perfect opportunity to let that anger out. Suddenly getting a burst of energy, I propped my upper half on my forearms and began telling him what happened. Every word was laced in frustration, it was no secret I was upset. Every detail of the story didn't go unsaid.

At the end of my rant, I groaned and buried my face in my hands. Andrew went on to tell me his thoughts on the event. Though, his opinions didn't last long. He interrupted himself mid-sentence to ask me a question about something off topic.

"You never did tell me how it went with Y/n."

"You never did tell me why you're calling me at 12:30 in the morning." I joke, rolling my eyes.

He gives me a sarcastic laugh. "I wanted to talk to my friend, is that such a crime? Nine times out of ten, you're up at this time so I thought 'why not?'"