~XI~

Wow, this A/N was going to be something real depressing until I realized it was too depressing or odd to put in here...

Onto the chapter :D

Y/n's POV

A groan slipped from my lips as the repetitive beeping from my alarm clock interrupted my sleep. My eyes peeled open slowly, dread flowing through me. All I wanted to do was sleep, but it was so hard to get any.

I rolled over onto my back, my eyes still slightly squinting, wanting to close again so badly. The sun had yet to come up, the darkness still covering the grounds outside. Despite it being dark, it was early in the winter morning, school to be started very soon.

"Morning." I heard a voice say.

I turn my head, expecting my Dad to be at the door. To my surprise, my bedroom door was still closed.

My gaze drifted over to my phone where the voice came from. There on the nightstand was my phone plugged up and slight rustling noises coming from it. Realization came over me and memories of the previous night had flooded my mind.

Ethan. World record. Staying up way too late.

"Morning." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"Which one of us fell asleep first?" Asked Ethan, not sounding tired at all.

"You." I answered. "I couldn't sleep until an hour after you did."

"What? I thought we were both drifting off at the same time."

"Sorry to burst your bubble." I giggled in a tired haze. "How long have you been up?"

"About half an hour. I'm about to start walking to school."

I hummed in response.

Slowly, I left my warm bed, the cold air coving my body. My desire to crawl back into my comfy, warm bed got stronger every second I was out of it.

"Ethan, what color?" I asked, not bothering to give him any context.

"Huh?"

"Just say a color."

He hesitated. "Uh, blue..?"

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. "Thanks."

He giggled, still confused. "You're welcome, I guess."

With a grin, I place the blue hair on my head. It wasn't long at all, cut to the length of a pixy cut. Being a short haired wig, it wasn't as much work as the others, which I loved.

The two of us went through our morning routine together, laughing with each other all morning. Soon, it came to the time to hop into my car and drive to school. Dread filled my stomach as I thought about going to school. Not only do I have to leave the warmth of my bed, I have to leave the comfort of my home as well.

After a drive of a couple minutes, I arrive to my destination and calmly parked into my assigned parking space. Ethan and I were still on the phone, but had stopped talking. He had gotten to the school before me and started talking to his friends. It's not like we could hear each other very well over the loud noise of teenagers shouting anyway.

As soon as I walked in, my bag strapped onto my back, I wanted to turn back and go home. The sight of too many kids crowded in the halls of the school, the noise of each student yelling over the others. I didn't enjoy it. I never liked any of these people. What makes anyone think this is fun place to be?

I rudely pushed each student out of my way, sick of having to see them everyday. I got evil glares to the back of my head and some fearful looks from some of the freshmen.
(Aka, me. I'm the scared freshman. 230% of the time.)