Prologue

Laura P.O.V

Every day, I would find myself in the woods or either at some dark alley filled with blood all over my body and was left with no memory of what had happened. Today was different. I remembered being turned into something vicious, a sinister beast with incomparable beauty but filled with a soulless heart. Something peculiar happened to me last night. I was strolling in the forest, searching for a new prey, then, I encountered a girl in the forest surrounding by thousands of fireflies who looked at me with awestruck eyes and a dazzling smile. I growled at her and got in position ready to strike, but no fear was visible in her eyes. Instead, she reached her arms out to pet me, but each step she took forward, I took one step backward.

"It's ok," she said. "It's ok! I am not your enemy. I'm a friend," she tries. Still, I stepped away from her unsure of her strange motives. She was now looking at me with grief-stricken eyes. "Please," she pleas, "Its lonesome here." Tears rolled down her pale rosy cheeks. "I am so lonely." "I want a friend." "I want someone to keep me company." My eyes locked into her azure blue eyes. Nothing but a lonely soul beneath her graceful face. A mysterious spark ignites inside my stone cold heart. I gradually advance towards her and positioned myself in front of her. Her demeanor softens with a glimpse of hidden sadness in her eyes. As she stroke softly on my head, I can feel warmth gradually flowing through my veins. Flashes of images appeared before my eyes as she sealed her eyes. It's a vision of her aimlessly wandering into the woods searching for life to give her company.

The feeling of empathy washes over me as I laid down for her to caress me to sleep. I found myself waking up in an unknown house covered with blood. I let out a deep breath because this isn't an unusual incident. Fear spread throughout town like a wildfire at the news of frequent animal attacks. Well, they are not close yet not far. I am the cause of these attacks; me a werewolf.