chapter 18

The winds were loud and wild, the sky alive with anger. Lighting struck out as rain lashed down on to the ground, enveloping the world in a chilly haze. The night was dark and lonely. A complete blackout on the plains of ulsan.

The rain seemed to fall heavy, without any intentions to stop soon. The deserted streets were flooded with water, that looked like it was washing everything away.

Somewhere behind a dumpster, well hidden from the human eye in such a blustery weather, stood someone.

Hooded, tall and stately, the person seemed extraordinary amongst the locals. No face could be seen as he was masked but his appearance felt dangerous, suspicious even..

who the hell was out in such a weather?

The man seemed to be waiting for someone or something as he paced to and fro. The sound of his steps echoed with the loud dripping of the rain.

And suddenly in the silence of the night, a blood curling, terrifying howl broke out, so loud, so fearful that even the trees shivered.

It seemed like a hound's cry of agony, just when it had been unmercifully shot.

The man behind the dumpster had stopped moving and stood still, alert and cautious. His eyes darted in every direction, as if he was waiting for something to attack.

But what the searching eyes of the stranger failed to notice, came creeping behind him, deadly and vile. He was trapped and in no position to escape, the beast had finally got to him.

The unaware escapee let out a breath he had been holding in and made a swift movement towards his right and froze-

Another tantalizing howl of pain broke out over the blackened, blustery night in ulsan.

And somewhere in Seoul, Kim Taehyung bolted awake, his mind swimming with thoughts and visions he himself didn't recognize.

Someone had been killed.