chapter 9

Past

Third persons pov:
" Gina bring her in" Mrs. Kim instructed to the trembling maid, who nodded quickly and left. The woman was dressed lavishly, holding a glass of red wine in her hand, and taking small sips from time to time.

The room in which she sat was alight by a warm, blazing fire, but coldness laced the room.

Gina returned with a lean, young girl. The girl was attractive with dark grey locks and captivating eyes, but her good looks were masked with a unflattering personality and poverty. She was shifting uneasily but was determinedly putting on a brave face.

Sensing her nervousness, Mrs. Kim smirked and curtly instructed the maid to leave. Now there were only two people in the room, her and the
girl.

" So you decided to show up, didn't you?" She asked in a superior tone. The girl's eyes flickered but she said in a measured voice "yes". " So what's your answer than?" She asked, expecting a sad and helpless yes.

But what she didn't expect was the girl to look up with a angry smirk and say " I'm all up for it, lea "

Startled when she used her first name, she hissed furiously " it's Madam for you, don't you dare use that name again!" But to her surprise, the girl, smirked even more broadly " oh really, why shouldn't I call you by your first name? We are working as equals in this anyway"

" we are not working as equals, I haven't even accepted you yet" Mrs.Kim spat,her fists clenched. There was no slight change in the girl's demeanour, infact she looked even more smug than before.

" Oh but you will have to lea, considering I know something that you don't want them to know about" she said, moving closer to the armchair in which the woman sat, her wine glass clutched tightly in her hand and her face showing an expression of fear and shock.

" You won't, you'd never" she wispered disbelievingly. The girl came even closer and placed both her hands on either sides of the chair and leaned forward, so that she was almost eye level with Kim Lea. " Oh I very much would, if you give me a reason too lea " she wispered Sweetly and stood up.

" Let me know the details" she said briskly and turned and left. As she left the premises, she heard a loud, angry, frustrated scream. She smiled victoriously. The target was on point.

Later at night, in the servant quarters all the maids and butlers could talk about was the young woman who had finally stood up to Mrs. Kim, when no one had ever dared to.

An admiring Gina told the other servants " that lady, that one. She's lalisa Manoban"

Hey cuties,
Enjoy another update and please vote and comment~
Rosie