Chapter 50

Leo was walking to the table where the cake was, that is, WHERE I WAS LITERALLY STANDING, straightening his jacket. He was wearing a blue suit that matched his eyes and when he saw me, stopped walking and took a deep breath. He started walking again, slowly, completely ignoring Everly calling him. "Hi." he whispered as he stood next to me. "You look beautiful." 

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself Mr. Reynard." I said and turned back to my slice of cake. "Well, Miss Callisto, I haven't ever seen you in a gown remember? Only the twins and Amaya have." he said and he too took a slice of cake. Everly came running, followed by her gang, fussing over her hair. "Leo! Why are you talking to her? Well, why are you even standing next to her? She's a freak!" she said. I shook my head and was on my way to exit the conversation when I felt an arm around my waist, pulling me next to them. Leo pulled me close to him. "Freak? What do you mean?" he said. "She- Ugh does it matter?" said Everly, her eyes following Leo's which was around my shoulder. "No, tell me." he insisted. "She said she can burn this place down in less than 10 seconds!" she said. However, Leo remained cool. "So?" he said and now took a bite of the cake off his plate that I was holding for him. "SO? What do you mean by so?" said one of her followers. "If she's a freak? Well, so am I." he said, snapped and a puddle of water fell on top of Everly. "Let's go KC." he said and steered me away from there. "LEO! Why did you-!" I said but he interrupted. "I can't stand that she talks trash about you anymore. Come on let's go around." he said and with his arm still around my waist, we went around the hall.

One on side, a choir was singing carols, one side, the food table of course, one side had the entrance to the balcony, and in the middle, was the dance floor. Few minutes later, Leo had disappeared again and I found Amaya, and I told her about all my encounters with Everly, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. The music had changed to a nice jumpy tune of Jingle Bell Rock. I turned and saw Leo with his hand out. "Trip down memory lane?" he asked. Amaya gave me a shove from behind to which I glared at, but I accepted and he pulled me to the center. "I promise I wont slip this time." I said. He laughed. "I'm sure you won't." he said. Slowly, other people too started joining us. The people clapped to the beat the beat as we sang. Time passed quickly and now me and Leo were just standing in the cool breeze in the balcony. My legs were a little tired so I was leaning on the bars. "It's been a long time since we actually relaxed hasn't it?" he said. "Yeah, every night, all we used to fear whether Black Fox was going to attack the city to get the key." I replied. "But I'm glad that we had at least one night." I continued. Leo turned to me. "Remember what we did the first you learnt to control your powers?" he asked me. "You mean the thing we did by combining our powers?" I asked. "Yeah." he nodded. "Let's do it again. Form your sparkles, I'll surround it." he said. I held out my palm and a medium sized sparkleball floated in mid air, palms tingling with warmth. After a second, the tips of my fingers felt cool, as the fire was slowly being surrounded by water. "I still can't get over how beautiful it is." I said, admiring the combination of fire and water in front me. "KC?" Leo whispered. "Yeah?" I whispered back. "Don't move." he replied. To this I turned to my face to Leo, realizing how close his face was to mine. Even in the dark sky, his eyes shone like the sun shining on the ocean during sunrise, in one word - breathtaking. He let go of his hand from under the fire ball, and put one arm around my waist pulling me closer, the other on the nape of my neck. The water started to glow, and at the same time, my heart beating out of my chest as if it just flew to space and back. I involuntarily leaned in, and after what felt like an eternity, our lips connected...

The Source Keepers ✔ [Currently Editing]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें