Chapter 21 : How Can I Leave You?!

Start from the beginning

Swara rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time. How much more dramatic could her friend be?

"Anushka, I'm serious." She told her sighing, "If you have nothing else left to say, then let me get ready. I don't want to get late for something that we have specially come here to Jamshedpur for!"

Anushka sighed. She knew, that among the two of them, Swara was the more uninteresting one.

"My friend is a total bore!" She moaned, making Swara chuckle. "Okay, fine! I spare you. Oh, I'm here to tell you one last thing."

"And that 'last thing' might be?"

"Yehi, ki after the seminar, me and Rajat are going to spend some time with each other. Actually, he asked me out for lunch and he also said he wants to say something important to me. So, that means you and Sanskar are the only ones coming back to the lodge. We both will come later, after some time." She completed enthusiastically.

"Yeah, right! Apne would-be-boyfriend ke saath enjoy tu kar rahi hai aur chidha tu mujhe rahi hai! Sounds fair enough to me." She said half sarcastically, half jokingly.

"What the... He is not my boyfriend!" she exclaimed.

"Would-be, Madam! I said 'would-be'. It is very much likely that you both are going to be together." Swara said confidently.

Anushka smiled, "And I also pray that very soon you will also find the one who loves you with his heart and soul, with his everything. And trust me, no one will be happier than me when my best friend gets what she deserves."

"I think... if you say so, then it will happen soon." Swara smiled a genuine smile.

"Dekh lena, when Anushka Shastri predicts something, it always comes true!" She chirped, making Swara feel happy inwardly.

Things were going very well for both these best friends!

~*~*~*~*~*~*

It had been three hours since the seminar began, the one where Sanskar, Swara, Rajat and Anushka took initiative to spread awareness about the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Lot of public had gathered in the Royal Park of Jamshedpur -- the park which they had booked for their seminar -- to know and understand the chronic, incurable disease, and along with it the causes of transmission of that virus and how to be careful about not getting infected by it by suggesting some effective precautions. The seminar and health care tips given were completely free and open for all, and that's how the famous 'Kolkata Hospital' represented themselves -- the well-being and health of a living being mattered more than any piece of paper we call money. This was the best thing about the hospital, for them health comes first no matter what.

"So... By now, we all know how HIV can be spread by blood products, that is, unclean needles or unscreened blood, even by mother to baby by pregnancy, labour or nursing," Sanskar explained, standing in front of his audience which had gathered to attend the seminar, sitting on chairs which were specially arranged for them to sit. "We never know, who is infected by the virus because at first, most of the time HIV is asymptomatic. We must take care not to get ourselves infected and even if we do, then we must start with the treatment immediately. Precautions like avoiding sharing of razors, toothbrushes are important. Take care of not only yourself but also of your families. Educate them as well about everything to ensure safety and well-being of not only yourselves but also of your families!" He advised. The people appreciated how well the seminar was held and all the valuable information they gathered today. A round of claps was followed and all four of them smiled in content. They knew their job here was finally done!

"So with this, we are ending this seminar as all the information about HIV is given. And yes, please feel free to ask us questions about anything. You have all our time!"