Chapter 18 : He Could Be The One

"Annapurna!"

If Durgaprasad didn't know that his wife was going to be back, he wouldn't had been this surprised. But still, a part of him was genuinely happy seeing her back.

Annapurna smiled looking at him and both of them shared a side hug with each other.

"Annapurna, you're back?" Durgaprasad asked her in amusement after breaking the hug. "How are you? But... you never informed that you were coming back from London! You could have called me to come to pick you up at the airport, right?"

"I'm fine." Annapurna replied to him smiling. "It's so nice to meet you after all these months. I'm sorry I couldn't call you or inform you that we are coming. Adarsh and Parineeta are also back but they went home because Adarsh had some work to take care of and Parineeta went with him. We had arrived at the airport at morning and the first thing I did was come here to meet you all. I missed everyone here. By the way, how are you?"

"I'm good too." Durgaprasad smiled in acknowledgement. "I missed you guys too. I'm glad my family is finally here."

"Accha, by the way..." Her eyes began searching for someone whom she desired to meet. "Where is he?!"

"Who?" Durgaprasad asked at first but his confusion jumped out of the window when his wife shooted him a glare. "Oh, Laksh? He is at home!"

"Oh, yes." Annapurna felt bad. "I came here to specially meet him but..."

"Annapurna," Durgaprasad chuckled. "Why would he be here? He isn't a doctor."

"Yeah, but he comes here sometimes so I expected him to be here."

"Yes, but now a days the workload is just too much on him." Durgaprasad admitted to Annapurna. "He is too much into his computer science studies these days that he hardly gets time to do anything else other than studying-"

"Woahhh! Not fair, papa! My Maa has come and you're implying that all I'm doing is studying! Are studies more important to me than my Maa? I don't think so."

The familiar voice coming from somewhere behind them was enough to enlighten Annapurna's facial features as she beamed realising that her beloved son was right here. She turned around to see him, and to Durgaprasad's surprise, there stood a young man who looked just about Sanskar's age. Looking at him, anyone could tell that his energy was highly contagious. He smiled widely as he leaped towards his mother for a huge hug.

"Laksh!" Annapurna hugged him back happily. "It's so good to see you beta!" She admitted. "How are you?!"

Laksh broke the hug and gave her a full fledged smile. "Perfect! Come on, Maa. Do you really think I won't know that you are coming? Adarsh bhaiyya had already informed that you guys were coming." He winked.

"Really?" Durgaprasad asked in shock. "So I guess I was the only one who didn't know anything!"

"Haha, sorry papa." Laksh apologised cutely. "But seriously, it's nice to see you surprised, which is a rare sight."

"Are you trying to make fun of me?" Durgaprasad asked him frowning.

"I wouldn't even dare, I swear!" Laksh raised his hands in playful surrender, resulting into the three of them to have a laugh.

"Accha yeh sab baatein chhodo. By the way, ji, where is Sanskar?" She beamed at Durgaprasad making him smile. "Please! I can't see him. I so want to meet him now!"

"Oh, he is here only..." Durgaprasad looked around to look out for Sanskar but couldn't seem to find him anywhere.

"Durgaprasad sir, I'll go and call Dr Sanskar!" A nurse perked up, and Annapurna smiled nodding her head while acknowledging her. "Okay, please call him fast."