Chapter 19 : A Bengali Sherni!

Early morning...

Swara and Anushka were packing their bags for the medical camp, where they were supposed to go today.

It was 5 am in the morning and being early risers it wasn't that difficult for them to wake up this early. With both of them stuffing all their necessities into their bags, they were also taking the time into account.

'6 am' was the time where they were supposed to reach the hospital. That was where Sanskar and Rajat were going to pick them up from, after which they would settle themselves in the bus that would drive them to their desired destination. It was a private bus that was hired by Sanskar and Rajat for only the four of them.

Swara still remembered the phone call she'd had with her mother and Dida last night. She wanted to inform them about their seniors taking her and Anushka for a medical camp in Jamshedpur but to her confusion, Sharmishtha and Shobha seemed pretty fine and pleased with it. They also asked her who was coming with them and she'd simply answered that it was Sanskar and his friend. They seemed pleased... okay, well, actually more than glad with her going there, and it was something that Swara was thoughtful about.

"I feel like Maa really likes Sanskar."

Anushka looked up from her bag and frowned on Swara's statement.

"What?"

"Yeah..." Swara mumbled. "I mean, I'm not complaining. It's obvious of Maa to like him. Afterall usne Maa ki itni madat ki thi jab woh hospital mein thi."

"Oh, this sounds like a really good piece of information." Anushka cheered.

"Anushka..." Swara rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Swara! See, the whole world here likes Sanskar and you are the only one who doesn't like him yet. Or maybe you do but you just don't realise it yet."

"I don't want to push it." Swara sighed and shaked her head. "I'm sorry, but I'm just scared."

"Scared?" Anushka repeated. She left everything that she had in her hands and came to Swara. She turned her towards her so that she faced her.

"You are scared?" She asked her again. "Scared of what Swara?"

"Of..." Swara looked down. "how things will end."

Anushka blinked as she looked at her.

"I don't know. Maybe it's just my insecurity or I'm just... confused. I think it's because I've seen too many things ending badly that now I think..."

"Swara, you shouldn't be thinking about all this." Anushka stated to her. "All you have to do is just accept where life takes you."

"Yes, and then some magic wand will work it's magic and put everything in proper place in my life?" Swara implied.

"Well... I don't think any magic wand is needed for that!" Anushka smirked. "Sanskar's magic is enough to do all the honours."

A faint pink colour made it's way to Swara's cheek as soon as she blurted out those words.

"What are you-"

"Okay, fine. Now stay calm. Stop controlling your life like this. Instead, let your life go where it wants. Let it give you another chance at happiness. Zindagi ne tumhe dusra mauka diya hai jis se tum zindagi ka har ek pal jee sako. Trust me, everything will be fine soon. And yeah, it's me, as in Anushka Shastri saying this, that my best friend will be happy!"

Swara smiled looking down as Anushka came to sit besides her and took her in her embrace, to which she responded by closing her eyes emotionally.

"I wish everyone had a friend like you." Swara confessed. "I consider myself lucky because someone like you is my best friend, the one whom I can count on. You always know what is up with me before anyone else. I feel lucky... so lucky... to have you in my life."