Another boring day that gained me nothing.

The orphanages' bell rang that tells us to gather to the hall.
I closed the wooden box then ran as fast as I could to where the room I was designated in. I spotted my bed immediately and went to put the box under my bed where the rest of my things are placed, then I dashed off to go to the hall.

There are new people who stands at the front where children here in the orphanage lined up, that would only explain that they are shinobi from the leaf village, judging on the symbol of their headbands.

"You're late again, Yumi," says the caretaker of the orphanage, with her eyebrows knit together and her hands are on her waist.

Honestly, I don't really mind knowing them by names. I don't find it necessary to know, so I just remember them by their faces. And she one of the caretakers and known to be easily frustrated. She's the most fearless if you ask me that she also had a voice to tell what she wanted to say to higher-up shinobi who came to visit us. And because I don't really mind the people here because of my pure selfishness─yes, I'm aware─I just let her stab me with her stares.

She let out a deep aspirated sigh then grabbed my by the wrist, "Come on."

She dragged me with her and put me in line, along with the other children then left.

The person who's in lined in front of me, turned to face me, "you missed the chance of meeting the hokage, Yumi. If you didn't lazed around, you had seen her too," she said.

And another one, poked her head to the side, "the hokage haven't left yet, she'll get a chance to see her."

I don't care if I missed this once in a lifetime chance to meet the hokage, just like how I didn't mind knowing you guys.
Let's just get over with this medical tests, can we? ( ̄ヘ ̄)

"That child over there," she says, stopping on the midway on their walk have a look around the orphanage. "What was she doing?"

"Pardon, MiLady?"

"What is she doing?" She asked again, out of curiosity to the girl who was emersed on her own world while the others had gathered in to groups.

"She doesn't socialize like most of the children and likes to keep herself busy creating weird things. It's a kind of talent, but can also be a curse. It's not like she doesn't socialize, she had a hard time on how to bond with others. We speculated that it was a psychological problem," she explained.

"Like what kind of weird things?" She asked again.

The caretaker realized one thing after it. It's a good opportunity to tell about the children and what are they made of. The hokage sounded getting more in delved to a particular child from their orphanage, it paved the way for her to introduce the children.
And she hopes that this way, there can be a chance even at least one of them will be taken to move to konoha and become a ninja.

Since the hokage asked about that child, she started it with her.

"Her name was Yumi, which was orphaned from the war between villages on the outskirts of the the fire country. But we believe that, that's not what it was," she paused after she found a kimono from where her things are kept and showed it to the hokage. "The family crest, looks like she's from the land of iron," she says as the hokage just quietly observes and listened to her. "We assumed that, she was once orphaned in the land of iron, before she moved to the borders of the country. She wasn't wearing a high-end clothing though, she was on a tattered clothes and looked too shabby for a noble. But when we asked for that kimono, she says that it was important to her that she only wanted it to keep. If it's the only thing was left for her as a family heritage or keepsake, it's understandable."