Jacques: Your Dust embargo has already cost me millions! I can promise you, I have not forgotten!

Ironwood: So this is about you.

Weiss had come into the room, and she watched the two men awkwardly while the door shut behind her. She was startled at the sound while James and Jacques turned and looked at her. Ironwood stood before bowing to her.

Ironwood: Miss Schnee! My apologies. I should have been gone by now.

Weiss: It-it's okay.

Ironwood: We'll continue this at another time.

Jacques: Indeed. Klein can show you out.

Ironwood: Don't worry, I know the way.

Weiss stepped aside so that Ironwood could reach the door. He turned and looked at her father.

Ironwood: Until next time, Jacques.

Jacques solemnly nodded back at Ironwood, who turned to Weiss.

Ironwood: Please know, you'll always have a home at Atlas Academy, Miss Schnee. We'll be back in session before you know it.

Ironwood left.

Jacques: Did you forget your manners while you were away?

He turned and walked to his desk, which was a few steps up from the chairs and tables where he and Ironwood were just sitting. Weiss looked annoyed at the comment but calmed down with a sigh.

Weiss: No, Father. I'm sorry.

Jacques: Can you believe there are still people in the world that blame Atlas for what happened to Beacon? To Vale?

Weiss: Well, they weren't there.

Weiss began walking across the room to stand before his desk.

Jacques: It's a wonder Ironwood wasn't stripped of his rank.

Jacques finally sat down, swinging the seat so that his back was to Weiss.

Jacques: I suppose the council trusts him, for better or worse.

Weiss: I trust him.

Jacques sighed, turning towards his daughter.

Jacques: Thanks to him, Atlas is forbidden from exporting Dust to other Kingdoms. "A precautionary measure," as he puts it, "until we're certain no one is going to declare war". How anyone could possibly find that to be sound logic is beyond me.

Weiss blinked at her father, clearly uncomfortable. There was one framed picture on the desk, and it was of Whitley.

Jacques: Which is why the Schnee Dust Company will be holding a charity concert in the coming weeks.

Weiss looked up at him in surprise.

Jacques: We need to show the people of Remnant that we are on their side. That we are all victims of the fall of Beacon.

Weiss: That's... wonderful news.

Jacques: I know. And I think it would make a lot of people happy if you performed at the event.

Weiss: Excuse me?

Jacques: Many forget that you were there. My own daughter, a Schnee, on the grounds, defending another Kingdom! We need to remind them! And we need to show them that the Schnee family is just as strong as ever!

Weiss: Are you asking me if I'd like to sing, or telling me?

Jacques leaned forward and made a tent with the fingers of his hand as he meaningfully gazed at Weiss.