Vol 9 Part 2

(3rd Person POV)

Team RWBY overlooked the whimsical land before them from the precipice.

Yang: So are we gonna just stand around thinking about this in silence? Or...?

Ruby: I knew this place is weird, but a fairy tale? I mean that's impossible.

Little nodded as Blake cleared her throat. Ruby and Little looked at Blake pointing her finger at Little.

Weiss: What we've seen is improbable, but that doesn't mean we're in an actual fairy tale. Are we seriously entertaining this?

Yang: Do you have a better explanation for what's going on?

Weiss: Well, let's try to be more logical, shall we? We fell from the sky. Ruby made friends with a tiny mouse.

Little: Friends!

Weiss: Blake and I got caught by killer vines.

Blake cringed at the thought, as Weiss turned to Yang.

 Weiss: And... uh... you got your arm stolen by... a... What was it that you said?

Yang: A talking raccoon riding on a purple wagon filled with trash.

Weiss blinked at Yang's predicament.

Weiss: Yes, that. Okay, I see your point of view. I am going to go over here now.

As Weiss walked away, she started to talk nonsense to herself as she tried to grapple with the team's current situation.

Ruby: As crazy as it sounds, something about this is familiar.

Blake: The Girl Who Fell Through the World. I... I think we're in the Ever After.

Weiss: Blake, that world is make-believe. It was just part of the story we all read as kids.

Little: It's not make-believe, it's where I live!

Blake: Can you tell us all about it? Have you ever heard the name Alyx?

Little: An "Alyx?" Is that a purpose?

Blake: In the story, Alyx fell from the sky and met with the Hunter Mice, got trapped in vines, fought a Jabberwalker, and got her knife stolen by... A talking raccoon.

Weiss groaned and crossed her arms.

Yang: Yeah. And then she beat the Red King at a board game, met the Curious Cat, the Rusted Knight, and finally got out through...

Yang and Blake looked at the giant tree.

Blake: The tree.

Weiss: So what now? Do we go to the tree? Look for Alyx? Yang's arm? Ruby, you're still missing Crescent Rose.

Little: I'll bet the Jinxy Peddler has it.

Weiss: WHO?!

Little yelped and ducked behind Ruby.

Little: The Jinxy Peddler? That's the only talking raccoon I know.

Weiss angrily grumbled to herself.

Blake: Do you know where he might be?

Little: Of course!

Little scurried up to the top of Ruby's head.

Little: I'll lead the way right to...

Lenna ran alongside the new man, whose name was apparently (Y/N) Branwen. Her gaze couldn't help but trail down to the amulet that bounced around as he ran. It glowed brighter than when she held it in her hand, as if he had activated it.