Whitley: True, but you can't deny her resolve.

Weiss: You... seem different.

Whitley: And you've been gone. I'll have you know I didn't stop growing while you were away at Beacon.

Whitley turned and walked away. As he did so, the lower half of a family portrait could just be seen on the wall between where the two were standing.

Whitley: Anyway, good luck with Father!

After he was gone, Weiss responded.

Weiss: Thank you.

She continued walking, past the room.

The family portrait hung on the wall, showing the entire family. Jacques had black hair that was slightly greying with a full mustache. Willow had a stern look on her face, while Winter and Weiss were frowning. Whitley was smiling, while Jacques had a neutral expression.

Pyrrha: Do you believe in destiny?

As Pyrrha spoke, small white circles, again blurred, moved slightly around a center screen that remained black.

Cinder: Yes.

Pyrrha: Jaune?

Ruby' voice was heard shouting Pyrrha's name, just as she had when her latent power activated at Pyrrha's supposed death.

With a gasp Ruby opened her eyes. She was lying in a red sleeping bag on a clearing in some woods.

Nora and Ren were also in sleeping bags around a long burned-out campfire. Magnhild rested beside Nora.

Ruby sat up and looked around. Birds could be heard tweeting and all seemed peaceful. Ruby, however, put her hand to the side of her head and sighed as though she was in pain.

All four members of Team RNJR traveled down a sunny road, Ruby now down from Yami. Ruby was in front, looking at a map.

Ruby: So the next town is... uh-huh... uh-huh... We're lost.

Jaune: We're not lost. The next town is Shion. My family used to visit it all the time.

Ruby: Oh yeah. Don't you have, like, four sisters?

Jaune: Uh, seven.

Ruby giggled.

Nora: You know, that actually explains a lot.

Jaune: Wait, what do you mean?

Ruby: So, what did you guys do there?

Jaune: Oh, all sorts of stuff! Over here is a great hiking trail, and over here is where we went camping all the time. I got my own tent because I was special. Also, so my sisters would stop braiding my hair.

Ruby: Didn't like the look?

Jaune: Yeah, they just kept doing pigtails, but personally, I think I'm more of a "warrior's wolf tail" kind of guy.

Ruby: That's just a ponytail.

Jaune: I stand by what I said.

Nora stopped short, raising her hands to her lips as her eyes widened. Soon after, Ren stopped, visibly tense.

Nora: Uh, guys?

Ruby: Huh?

Jaune: What?

Jaune and Ruby looked up from the map. Their eyes widened and jaws dropped. In front of them was a desolated village. The sky was gray and two columns of smoke rose in the air.

A gazebo had a broken tower and lampposts were askew from the ground. At least one dead body could be seen on the side of the road approaching the town.