300 Times Lucky

"Did you survive the Avada Kedvra curse? Because you're drop dead gorgeous."

I rolled my eyes.
"James, one, thats impossible. You can't survive that curse. Two, you've used that pick up line on me twice before and three, -."
Before I could finished, my sentence was very rudely interupted by the dark haired boy with rectangular glasses (which complimented his facial structure). His eyebrows had knitted together in concern. Not that I was looking or anything...

"What do you mean i've used that before!" James exclaimed, pretending to be offended. "That was a totally original piece of work."

"23rd of September, 5th year. You came up to me in Herbology and said and I quote, 'Lily flower, did someone murder you over the holidays with an unforgivable curse, because you are dead gorgeous." I said proudly, I had a near to perfect memory and I knew I was right. James mouth was goggling like a fish. I smirked, I liked having the upper hand. "And in more recent events, just three months ago you wrote it on a piece of parchment and slipped in into my bag." James look defeated.

I felt kind of sorry for him. I know, I know he's been pestering me for years but I'd like to think I was a fairly nice person. "Well you have asked me out 299 times now, you've probably had to double on occasions." I joked. That seemed to make James more miserable. What did I say?

I took a step closer to him, "You okay?" I asked gingerly.
"Fine." He snapped. His anger suddenly exploding. "But you know what, i'm sick of this. I swear i'll make sure I don't make to 300. Because honestly i'm sick of asking you out and you constantly saying no." I was taken aback by the sudden anger. Fortunately James couldn't stalk off because we were currently doing patrols. Suddenly, instead of the anger directed at James's outburst, I became angry at myself. I was so busy proving James right I forgot that I was goi to say yes this time, finally recognise my feelings...

"James." He ignored me. "Please answer me." He continued. "Look I-"
"We're back at the common room, see you later." He said shortly. It's true the Fat Lady's portrait was hanging right in front of us. I didn't have anytime and I was pretty sure an opportunity like this wasn't going to pop up anytime soon. If ever. I acted on impulse. I didn't have anything to loose, right? On that thought, I grabbed his shoulder, spun him around and planted a sweet kiss on his lips. His eyebrows shot up so fast, I barely saw them move. His eyes were wide in shock and it took a good 8 seconds for him to kiss me back. He engulfed his arms around my waist to bring me closer. I reached my hands up in his hair. We pulled away, it was over too quickly.

"Ask me once more, just once more. And I swear my answer will be different." I begged.
"You know I think I've had dreams about this. You know you begging to go out with me." He joked. I looked into his hazel eyes, they were filled with so much joy. Seeing all that happiness in them made my heart melt and I was left wondering when I had fallen in love with James Potter.

{This is just a short one, but I hope you enjoy! The updates have been slower because I'm working on some other right now. I'll probably publish it soon. :)}