Ten Positive Aspects of James Potter

Um hey, non existent person who is never going to read this. Or perhaps McGonnagal will... Better keep this non explicit then. So after being caught for the third time by hexing James Potter in the hallway. Yes I know, not excactly good for my chances at head girl next year seeing that's the type of stuff I'm trying to... Well stop. But I swear he just begs for it the arrogant toe rag... McGonnagal might be reading this Lily. Okay so, this stupid thing is not done on free will. I unfortuantley scored a detention. This is my punishment and I must say how excruciating this is. I mean is it even possible? It's so bad that... Hold on McGonnagal's looking over my shoulder. I'd better start...

Ten positive aspects of James Potter.

^^ Yes, I know. impossible right? I'm not even sure if Potter has ten positive points. Wait scratch that I'm not even sure if he has one.

'McGonnagal might read this Lily'.

Right right. Positive. But at least there's only one week til term ends so not too many detentions right? But I swear if she owls this to him... But it's totally not fair, he has to right negative points about me so he can get 'over his obsession' like its an obsession. He's just trying to embarrass me.

1. His hair is sort of cute I guess. I mean it sticks up in all the right places and it's kinda attractive when he ruffles it when he gets nervous...

Wait where the hell did that come from. Well, I suppose that wasn't so hard. But then again, that is only one.

2. His eyes, I don't know if anyone could resist those big hazel eyes when they go all wide and cute. Except me of course. I do not fall under his charm at all. Nope.

3. Um. Fine I'll say it. But only because I can't think of anything else, all right Maggie? His muscles. I mean his strong arms when they're wrapped around you could make you feel so secure. And he could pick you up bridal style and kiss you with those soft lips... I mean. Um, yeah.

4. Well okay this next one is sort of controversial but his care for younger students. This is actually a new thing. In the last six months or so he's actually been pretty nice to the first and second years. The other day I was walking down the breakfast with Marles and Al when a first year scrambled out of the hall with his book flailing from his hands and ended up face planting on the ground. I admit, even I found it a little funny. But James swept forward and picked up the young boys books and escortede him to the infirmary as his nose was bleeding quite rapidly. So yeah, I suppose that.

5. Halfway already? But it's only been four minutes? I thought an hour would've passed while I scraped my brain for positive points. I don't think I should be doing this. It's not healthy for James and My enemy relationship. Or more like my enemy relationship. Anyway. Well, ever since he's stopped doing pranks every second of his life, I must admit he is pretty funny. Although that's a little embarrassing for me sometimes. For example, I was standing by myself outside of potions class and James and his gang strutted up (I refuse to call them marauders. I mean honestly.) and they were just chatting among themselves and James cracked a few jokes and I may or may not of been listening to their conversation. But hey, I had no one around me! What else was I meant to do! Yeah well, I may or may not of let out a little giggle. Which most unfortunately, they heard. Sirius smirked, Remus suppressed a grin, Peter was smiling knowingly and James just looked dumbfounded I would laugh at his joke. Luckily Slughorn opened the classroom door in that moment and I managed to slip away. Only to be paired up with James later In class, but that's another story.

6. This point, is probably one of my favourite quality about him, his indifference to blood purity, I understand this on a very personal level seeing one of my ex best friends and I had a little issue over that. But I mean, the boys pure blood yet I've never heard him make a joke about mudbloods or half bloods in my life. It makes me happy there are some people who honestly just don't care.

7. Oh Merlin. I've come to the realisation I've been calling Potter, James for this whole time. Did McGonnagal enchant this parchment or something? Is this actually working. No no, of course. Pfffft no. Moving on, glasses? It's a little weak I know but it is getting harder. I'm suprised it took this long too honestly. I don't know, I just suppose I like how he doesn't wear contacts. It's nice he doesn't care what people think about him having glasses I suppose.

8. This one may or may not count, sorry Maggy. Well there's been some rumours going around how Sirius's mother is threatening to kick him out unless he starts hanging out with a better crowd and unsticks the Gryffindor banners that apparently hang on his walls with permanent sticking charm. The talk is that James- I mean Potter has offered to take Sirius in if he needs a place to go. Even if it means having another wizard under one roof. Which is more and more dangerous these days. More of a target to You Know Who, you know?

9. Ugh, well I guess he's intelligent. Didn't really want to use this one but here I am. Wait, what the heck. It's only been 10 minutes now. You're kidding me right? Ughhhh. How am I doing so well. So um yeah, he's sorta better at me at Transfiguration. Yes, I admit it McGonnagal. But it's just so annoying, I mean he doesn't even try. How does one just walk into class with extension knowledge on Animagus transformation?

10. Finally, last one. I saved this one til last because it's probably the most significant. He's actually really matured over the last couple of months. Less pranks. Less asking me out constantly. Less detentions. Gryffindor might finally have a chance for the house cup this year. With the marauders around it's been sort of impossible. But really, he doesn't really seem that bad anymore... I mean he's cute, he's kind, he's mature, he's smart... Oh my Merlin, McGonnagal has enchanted this quill! She must have. Why else would I be saying these things? Or writing them. I mean I don't like James Potter at all or anything... How dare I even think that oh my gosh. If she sends this to him. I'd better ask her.

I'm seriously considering eating this. She said I'll see in two minutes and if I do anything with it she'll make me write it again. But still if it means James not seeing this. Oh no, oh no, oh no. Slowest two minutes of my life I swear. Wait the door moved. Oh god, the doors opening. Oh thank god it's just Slughorn. What's the paper in his hands. Why is another body walking through the door? Why does that body have black hair and glasses. Why does he look so scared.

You know, if James ends up reading this I'm probably just making things worse by documenting everything that happens. Wait, McGonnagal's talking.

Alright, she's stopped, and now she's handing me this letter and now she's telling me to stop scribbling on this paper. Oh wait, yeah maybe I should because the piece of paper she just handed me says "Ten Negative things about Lily Evans." And it only has one point. And she's snatching my paper aw-.

McGonnagal snatched my paper away and handed it to James. My heart was dying in my chest of what he was about to read. He'd probably find a way to show it to the school. This so embarrassing I turned my eyes down to the piece of paper below me.

'1. She keeps turning me down even though I'm trying to make myself a better person. '

The rest of the numbers were blank because according to James, the only negative thing about me was that I turned him down. My heart expanded and I felt like adding more stuff to my list. But I couldn't because James had started to read and a small smile was already forming on his face.

{Taadaa. I quite liked this one? Although the ending was sort of lame. Eh. I feel like I never write just cute Jily stuff it's always how they get together or some other problem so I'll try writing some fluff next time. Comment what you think! Also, thanks to the person who told me to update. That actually really motivated me 😂}