Merry Christmas?

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the castle not a creature was stirring... Except a few ghosts, rats in the dungeon, Filch and his Cat. Also among the select few was Alice Prewett, Marlene McKinnon, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew.
Strange don't you think? Well they had all agreed, plotting needed to be done. If they knew what was happening, the Head Boy and Head Girl would probably run.

"Are you sure?" Remus asked worriedly, "Because if we get this wrong..."
"We won't." Marlene assured. "Lily is absolutely head over heals for James."
"Are you sure James still likes her that way." Asked Alice.
"Of course." Sirius said as it was the most sure thing in the world. "I asked him what he liked about Lily the other day and I received a five paged list!"
"Oh here's sure." Peter spoke up.
"Alright well the plan is done." Marlene finalised. "It's time to get this bad boy into action. But first some sleep! Merry Christmas everyone."

Lily woke up content after a good nights sleep for once. Her friends convinced her to go to bed early last night. She felt tons better. She slid open her curtains just to be welcomed with a loud shout of "MERRY CHRISTMAS." And a pillow to the face.

"Alright, alright." Lily laughed. She couldn't contain her smile. It was Christmas!
"Present time!" Alice shouted and Marlene shouted. They both ran down the stairs to the Common Room Christmas tree leaving Lily to get changed. She slid on Jeans and a red Christmassy sweater and let her hair land loosely around her shoulders. She basically skipped down the stairs.

Lily was in such a joyous move she hugged pretty much anyone she saw. Nearly frightened a couple of first years to death. Most of the sevens stayed for Christmas this year for it was their last chance to do so. Lily sat in one of the armchairs watching people open gifts. She felt sort of chilly and empty in the chair because it was much too big for just her. But this was her favourite part - the reaction. At the same time she was also kinda nervous. She had given a few more extra gifts this year to certain mixed feeling people. In other words James Potter.

When James picked up his present from her, her heart leapt and she looked away pretending she hadn't noticed. He read the label. To James, From Lily. Lily got him a present? He beamed in her direction and she gave him a small, shy smile. He tore of the wrapping paper to find a Christmas sweater much like the one she was wearing only green. "Nice." He laughed and walked over to give Lily a hug. She got up too and smiled. "Now we can be matching!" James said excitedly.
"Head boy and Head girl must have matching sweaters James." She said pointedly. James wrapped his arms around Lily in a warm, tight hug. Neither wanting to let go.

Meanwhile Sirius was whispering to Alice. "Let's go, let's go." Quickly Alice realised it was time to take the plan into action. She swiftly took out her wand and just as Lily and James hugged. Alice swished her wand and muttered the spell.

"Lily and Jamessss." Sirius called. James pulled away slightly but didn't completely let Lily go. "Look up." He said slyly. James and Lily both looked up to see blooming Mistletoe surrounding their heads. Lily immediately turned ember. Even James pinked a little. Lily now felt as if James's touch was electric.
"Merry Christmas?" James asked like he was asking for permission.
Merry Christmas." Lily replied and leaned in to place her lips on his. Cheers erupted around the room but the young couple were too fixed on each other. Finally the in evitable had come. James and Lily we're together. And that cold absence Lily had felt in that too big, red arm chair was now filled with a warm soul.

'Twas Christmas Day and all through the castle, the news of a new couple was floating around Hogwarts and no happier could they be.

{Merry Christmas everyone! This was just a fun, short one shot I wrote at 5:00 in the morning because I woke up too early and was too excited to go back to sleep. I really enjoyed writing this and I hope you enjoy reading this. Have a great day!}