Rose Perfume and Spring Conditioner

{ before you read friends just like to put a disclaimer that this idea was NOT mine but has been circling around tumblr for a while. I think the original poster of it was 'propercy'. So in case anyone claims I stole it. Other than that the writing is all mine :). Enjoy }

Lily couldn't believe she was stuck with him. Gobsmacked. Shocked. Dumbfounded. Annoyed? Moping in her misery. It was one of the first potion testings of the year and she's paired up with him! Why was the world out to get her?

She was staring at the empty cauldron in pity, feeling sorry for herself.

"Merlin Lily, i'm not that bad am I? I thought we were friends." James teased.

"We both know you're only even here so you can be an Auror." Lily snapped, completely not in the mood. "If you could, you'd be out of here before you could say Quidditch."

James shrugged.

"Maybe so, but I still have to pass to be an auror don't I? It's not like i'm not going to try." He added.

Lily blinked. She supposed he had a point but every other year with every other project she'd been stuck with him with he'd messed about and flirted with her the whole bloody time. It was their last year though, perhaps he'd pull his act together, he'd been doing that a lot lately. James Potter and his stupid ambitions.

She glanced over at the dark haired boy who had began scanning the instructions, a crease in his forehead became prominent. James Potter had ambitions, huh.

James caught her eye before she could look away. He flashed her a cheeky smile.

"Are you going to help me... or?"

Lily couldn't help a faint blush appear on her cheeks. She brushed it off with quick roll of her eyes. Two could play at this game.

She swished her wand lazily, allowing the fire to start to begin warming the cauldron.

"I am helping." Attempting to sound as innocent as possible. He just flashed her a large smile.

"Brilliant. Get the Ashwinder eggs from the potions cupboard will you?" He asked, turning his focus back to the potion at hand. Lily huffed and made her way towards the cupboard, cursing dark haired, quidditch obsessed teenage wizard's all the way.

----------------------------------------------------

This was almost impossible. Why couldn't he read the simple instructions? Instead he had to try a way to get around them, make the process quicker.

"James, you have to use a wooden spoon okay? It simply doesn't work with the metal one. It'll flake off into the potion!" Lily groaned. Seriously loosing her patience as her hair was getting frizzier all the time. "Look we're nearly done, just do it like it says, okay?" Lily softened her voice, trying to reason with him.

"But look how much smaller the wooden one is, it'll take half the time with the metal." James whined, shoving two spoons in Lily's face. She narrowed her eyes and shoved the spoons away once more.

"Thats. Not. The. Point." She sighed.
"Who cares?" James said, in a lame attempt to defend himself. Lily was exasperated. She sighed once more.

"Look. Do you want it done right? Or quickly? Pass or fail?" Lily decided a whack up the side of his head would do good. Messing up his hair while doing so. It kinda looked cute like that actually....

Now she felt like whacking herself on the head. Focus.

"Geez Evans, you'd be a good teacher you know." James said, remorsefully putting the large spoon down and picking up the small one. He began stirring the pot clockwise. "Just 185 turns to go..."