Rey and Kylo pilot a smooth landing and begin powering down the ship as you stand to walk off the nausea you still feel. The three of you reunite in the ship's living quarters to gather your things. The only weapons you'd brought are your sabers. You'd have to keep them concealed so as not to draw any unwanted attention. Any other supplies or weaponry you might need could be acquired here.

After 36 hours of claustrophobic space travel you can't get off of the ship fast enough. There must be some sort of artificial atmosphere, you think, because you are able to walk freely from the ship to the air taxi stand nearby, following closely behind Kylo.

The self-piloting taxis require a passport to board and a facial scan to verify. Kylo pulls the hood from his cloak up and tight around his face, flattening his black mane and does a toothy grinned imitation of the photo on his passport. His credentials are authenticated and he climbs aboard. You and Rey repeat the process with success. Once inside, Rey states the name of the hotel and it's level and the taxi zips off toward your destination.

Your eyes are wide and dry, plastered to the sights rushing past your window. Information overload grips you as building after building appears and disappears. Spires overshadow the endless stream of vehicles maneuvering in every direction. Some structures are smooth towers of glass, others are encased in active construction, and others still are obscured by giant holographic billboard advertisements. As you descend, artificial lights, headlights, and neon replace the light from the sun. A massive hologram of a scantily clad twi'lek in glowing pink neon, sways and gestures downward indicating that you are on the path to the entertainment district. What secrets and pleasures lurked there, you could only guess. You glance over at your companions. Rey looks just as entranced as you and Kylo sits calmly, eyes forward.

The rest of the ride is spent in silence.

Rey had booked two rooms. Many boundaries had been crossed a few nights ago at the villa but she wasn't trying to overstep. You sense that she still feels at best like a visitor and at worst an intruder. Either way, examination of the effects of her presence in your relationship would have to wait. What would be the point of analyzing something that's existence depended entirely on the success of this mission? What happened here tomorrow could shape the future for each of you.

After checking in, you and Kylo slip off to your room. The view out of the hotel suite window is just as mesmerizing as the ride over. The district is opulent. Even so, its rough edges are visible even from a distance. After reading a theater marquee you take note of building that looked to be housing an array of fashion shops, your eyes move a fraction further to witness a sex worker approach cloaked figure below and flashing neon sign displaying a yellow 'XXX' with a tentacle wrapping around and through the letters. Kylo walks up behind you and places his hand on your hip. You lean into him and continue to watch this foreign world simmer beyond the pane of glass.

Rey's appointment with her Republic contacts was not until tomorrow afternoon. You would not be sitting around in nervous anticipation when all of that existed right outside these walls. The three of you had agreed to meet for dinner and wander the district for a while.

A chime sounds, indicating that there is someone at the hatch. You walk over and press the button to slide the heavy soundproof hatch open. Rey is standing there in a stunning emerald green dress, grinning and holding a bag. She thrusts it into your arms as you step aside to let her in.

"Rey! You look gorgeous!"

"Thanks! Look in the bag!" She says, brimming with excitement.

You open it and peer inside. A rich maroon color peaks out of the tissue. Pulling it free, a simple and elegant dress unfurls before you.