4

I'm completely buzzing when I wake up this morning, I feel like fireworks are going off inside me!!! Maya managed to sort out transportation and her parents are loaded so we got enough money for the gig. Only two things left to do.

I shuffle into the kitchen in my fluffy slippers, ready to ask mum if I can go, but when I see mum I stop.

"Saiko, we need to have a talk," sighs mum, tucking a thread of brown hair behind her ears.

What is it about? We have already had THE talk, and nothing has happened at school.

"So you've been 14 for about a month now, and in our family something happens when you are this age every seventh generation."

I nod.

"So have you been seeing... anything strange lately?" says my mother nervously.

I have to be careful what I say here. I could be put in a mental hospital if I said something about Morstens, but then again, I don't know what else mum could be talking about.

"Like symbols and numbers?" I suggest.

"Yes, exactly like that, oh God, I thought I would have to explain it all to you. So you are a Morsten."

"Yeah," I reply.

"Wait, how do you know you are a Morsten?" Asks mum.

I tell her, "Well I have this new friend, Maya, she moved here on Monday, she's told me."

"That's good then, just don't say anything to your dad, it comes from my side of the family, we passed it down through generations. He'll think we're loopy if we say anything."

"I will say nothing," I tell her, "But I have one thing to ask you. So Ruby... she's gonna die and -"

Before I can continue mum wraps me into a hug.

"That's terrible sweetie! Ruby was lovely, her hair looked like overgrown grass, but she was so lovely."

"Don't make me cry again mum, but me and Maya found a Green Day concert in London tonight, can I go, please, please, please!!" I beg.

"Of course, but how are you going to get there?" Mum says.

"Maya's got something sorted out."

I walk back upstairs. All I need to do now is call Ruby. As soon as I phone her she is ecstatic.

"Greenday... oh wow that's amazing," breathes Ruby.

"I know right? If you come to mine at about 5 then Maya has organised transport," I tell her.

"Sounds good," she replies.

"Oh just good huh?" I laugh, "I guess I'll just give my ticket away too... oh I don't know, maybe Charlotte."

"Don't even think of giving it to that cow! And I correct myself, it is totally AMAZING, AND AWESOME and all those fancy words we learned in English which mean it is THE BEST THING EVER!"

"I know. I can't wait!" I reply.

"What will I wear?" Ruby gushes, "That black dress I wore at your birthday, or NO my denim jacket with the Green Day patch sewn on the back, or what about that skull top and checked shirt..."

"Have fun deciding, see you later!" I say, and hang up.
Authors Note: So although this does invoke quite a bit of Green Day it IS NOT a fan fic. Just saying, so if you don't like Green Day don't get put off they are only gonna be in this chapter.

I am just finishing applying my black eyeliner when I hear a knock on the door. Ruby! I think and rush downstairs to open it. My breath catches in my throat when I see Ruby. She is wearing a dainty black skater skirt with silver sparkly tights and a black and white lacey top under her old denim jacket, the Green Day symbol sewn on the back. And then I see her hair. It's now dark plum purple, but still in its trademark birds nest.

Ruby sees me staring and says, "I've been meaning to dye it for a while now, so I just did it today."

"That's really nice Ruby! It suits you so well! And I love what you are wearing! Although of course I look better," I joke. I honestly don't look even half as good as Ruby. I'm wearing a pair of ripped skinny jeans, and a flowing gothic black top and converse.

"No, I am obviously the best dressed here," laughs Ruby, pretending to flip her hair, "But you do look really nice Saiko."

"Thanks," I say and we go up to my room.

Ruby flops down on the bed and we talk for ages. It's kinda nice just the two of us again, how it used to be.

I get a text from Maya telling us to meet at her house. Me and Ruby make our last adjustments to our outfits, take our phones off charge, and walk to Maya's house, which is luckily only a few streets away.

Maya is there to go greet us when we arrive.

"So how are we going to get there?" Ruby asks.

"Yeah, how," I chip in, "I don't see any car."

"Maybe you aren't looking in the right direction," replys Maya. We follow her gaze and see a long black limousine coming down the street.

"Oh. My. God. Are you serious?" Breathes Ruby.

"Deadly," replies Maya.

The driver opens the door for us and we all a step inside. Plush leather covers the seats, and in the corner there is a minibar, filled with a ton of food. We all sit down and enjoys the ride.

When we arrive at the venue, we are swept into the wave of people, and eventually after we barge through them, show our tickets, we get to our spot. It isn't very near the front but we don't care because when Green Day come on stage we have no trouble hearing them.

They start with a classic, American Idiot. The whole audience singing along, only making the music louder, so loud I feel like a plane is taking off beside me. That atmosphere is amazing!

"SELFIE TIME," shouts Ruby over the music.

We all turn around and pose in front of Green Day on the stage behind us. Then I see it. On Tre Cool's drums it doesn't say Green Day, with the grenade symbol. It has a skull with the number 4, but I decide not to care. I will let nothing spoil tonight.

We keep singing and dancing till then end of the song, then they start playing basket case. I have watched the video for this thousands of times, but this is so different, they are right here, live!

They are sensational live! Billie Joe's fingers strum quickly on the guitar, as do Mike's up the base. Tre looks so focused as he drums, his face a mask of concentration. Billie Joe's hair flips around as he plays, not unlike Ruby 's nest.

It seems I am not the only one who thinks Ruby looks amazing. I see a few boys from another group eyeing up Ruby, one even comes up to talk to her but she bats him away like a fly. That's another thing I love about Ruby. She is so loyal, and would never betray her friends, or two time. How I will miss her.

Authors Note: Long chapter there... hope you guys all enjoyed it! I l also changed 10 because I realized I had 6 school days... hehehe. Sorry about that!