The Death Ceremony

They bow to each other.

Maya strikes first. She mutters some words that sound like peanut butter and suddenly, in between her hands, I see an orb of blinding blue light forming. It gets bigger until it's the size of a football. She brings her hands back, as if too pass a ball, and throws the orb towards the thing. It's strikes his (if the thing is a he) side, and explodes into a shower of sparks.

"Is that the best you can do, Morsten," he says, spitting the words out.

The things mutters more nonsense words and he stares at the floor, until a small crack in the floor starts getting larger and larger. When it's the size of tennis ball, lava shoots out, right up to the ceiling.
Oh my goodness, I think. Maya is gonna die.

Maya stands still. I think she  in shock. But I see her eyes are closed, like she is concentrating. Suddenly I see why. A green crackling wall forms around her, and the lava deflects off.

The thing brings fire from the ground and blasts it at Maya. It hits her arm, and I see red burns, spliced up her arm. The thing seems to take advantage of this. He fires again, the time, as showers of gravely rocks. Maya uses her remaining strength to make a forcefield again, and stays in it. She is there for perhaps 5 minutes, and when she looks like she has recovered, she comes out, and blasts twirling vines at it. He defects them off with another forcefeild. It continues like this for a while, and Maya is starting to look increasingly tired and rugged.

Somebody in the crowd shouts out, "1"

I have no idea what it means.

But I see Maya and the thing looking like they preparing for the finale.

Maya stares up and the ceiling, and mutters words as she pulls her hands, even her burned one, down from the ceiling. I see a wave a water coming down, staying away from Maya, but falling, as fast as a jet, down from the ceiling. It catches the thing off guard, and crashes down onto him, bringing him down to the floor. The water clears and he is gone.

The room is silent. Not a cough, nothing.

"And the winner... Maya," says another spectator.

I want to ask, but there is another flash of light. And I am gone.