Fallon glanced at the rest of the crowd, hoping they had not seen the exchange. They all looked oblivious to it.

I still see your reflection inside of my eyes, That are looking for purpose, they're still looking for life.” Fallon kept going. Tonight had continued to present surprises for her. There was no point in letting her emotions get the best of her. “In the pain is there healing, In your name I find meaning, So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm barely holdin' on to you.

Fallon had purposely chosen these two singles. Just because she wanted to show that she didn’t have the emotional range of a teapot. She had feelings and a heart, and this time her heart had been broken. She knew anyone who had ever had their heart broken would understand.

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing, With a broken heart that's still beating, In the pain there is healing, In your name I find meaning, So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm barely holdin' on to you, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm barely holdin' on…to…you.

The first song had ended. The audience shouted and cheered, there was much applause. The sound of approval had been new to Fallon, but she appreciated it that much more.

“Thank you.” She told them.

Fallon stood waiting for the backing track. At last the music started for the next song. This one had caught Fallon from the moment she had heard it.

A note by the door, Simply explains it's all that remains. Its no wonder why I have not slept in days.” Fallon started. This time when she looked towards Daniel, she didn’t freak out. She was ready to meet his gaze, but again he looked away.

By the way, You left without saying good-bye to me, Now that you're gone away, All I can think about is you and me, you and me.” She sang the chorus. The song had been written with a rock feel to it, and she had loved how the chorus displayed so much feeling. Fallon had always thought that songs always had the right words to the feelings she had felt.

It's not like before, You've left nothing here, it's all disappeared. It hurts me to see that we've been a lie, Would it have hurt you to try?” Yea Daniel would it have hurt you to try?- Fallon thought.

She could see the crowd was captivated. She hoped it was because they liked the song. The song was nearing to its end.

By the way, You left without saying good-bye to me, Now that you're gone away, All I can think about is you and me, you and me.” Fallon sang as the song was almost over. “All I think about now is you and me…All I think about now is you and me… you…and…me.” The song ended. Fallon took in the crowd. It seemed like they had enjoyed her covers of the songs. She thanked them repeatedly before heading off the stage.

As Fallon got off, she saw Cheryl. At once her anger flared. “Cheryl! Why didn’t you tell me Manchester United was going to be here?” She asked, miffed. “They had come to my father, he made them a deal, they decided to come to the club for publicity.” Cheryl stated calmly. “And not once did you think… hmm… maybe I should give a heads up to Fallon, so that she doesn’t get a heart attack when she walks on to the stage and oh lo and behold sees Daniel…who just happens to be someone she had been recently dumped by.” Fallon said in one breath, she gasped for air.

“Honestly, had I told you, you would have cancelled on me.” Cheryl said, her voice in the as-a-matter-of-fact tone. “Maybe, but it would have been up to me. At least give me a chance to decide. It’s not like I ran away tonight.” Fallon retorted. “Yes, that surprised me. But I bet you thought of running at least once.” Cheryl said with a smirk. She had Fallon on that one. “Urgh…okay…but next time you have to tell me…I swear I won’t run.” Fallon said in defeat. Cheryl grinned. “Okay fine. Now go and find William, I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful night.” Cheryl left her staring at the wall.

Fallon walked down through the corridor that led to the part where the people were. She had grabbed her coat, but hadn’t changed since she had forgotten her other pair of clothes. She saw a shadow leaning against the wall. Fallon’s heart started to pound harder. Could it really be him? She wondered. At once her face lit up with a smile, just at the possibility that it could be him. Daniel. Her hopes flew.

As she got closer, she saw the person who was waiting for her in the light. Her face fell. It was only William.

“Hey beautiful, ready for a night on the town?” William asked with a smile. Fallon simply nodded. He took hold of her hand, and led her towards the exit.

As she walked out the door, Fallon took a last glance at Daniel, he was watching her being led away. This time he didn’t break their gaze. It was Fallon who had to turn away, as she walked into the night with her hand inside William’s.

All That We Could BeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara