Chapter Five

It was finally Tuesday. Fallon couldn’t believe how slowly time was going. She was still at school. She had a one hour lecture left. It was Chemistry. It was right before lunch. Then she would be free. Fallon had been at school since 7:30 am. She had already gone to a two hour lecture which was from eight to ten. Now she had this one left. Luckily for her Tuesdays were her lightest days. All her other days she had classes in the afternoon, and on Friday she had classes from 8 am all the way till 6 pm.

Fallon didn’t always mind the long days. They weren’t as bad as they could have been, simply because she had a few breaks.

Fallon sat patiently through chemistry. The professor was reviewing gas laws. Fallon knew she had to review the kinetic molecular theory again…that usually got her on tests. She always forgot some parts and most of the time those were the ones that were being asked for in the test.

Soon enough the class was over. Fallon was going to eat lunch and then leave. As she sat down in one of the computer labs, she opened her back pack slightly. Fallon wanted to surf the web…but since eating wasn’t allowed in the labs…she had learned to sneak food. She had logged into the system when suddenly her phone rang, causing her to jump.

“Hello?” She asked without looking at the ID. She was too busy giving her attention to the computer. “Hello, are you ready for today?” It was Daniel. At once Fallon’s attention turned to the phone. “Yes I guess so…but since you’re the one who has some explaining to do, what are we going to do today?” Fallon asked him. He was chuckling. “Well you’re going to have to dress warmly for the first part of it.” He told her. “Okay and what about the rest of it?” She asked. “Well we’re going to have dinner over at my cousin’s house, where I’m staying. My cousin wants to meet you.” Daniel said quietly. “I’m going to have to dress up...aren’t I?” She asked perceptively. “Sorry about that…but I hope you won’t mind… and yes you will.” Daniel said apologetically. “So when are we going?” She asked. “When are you done?” Daniel asked back.

“I’m all done here.” She told him. “Did you drive to school?” He asked her. “No…Cheryl’s car had to go get fixed…the gas pump wasn’t working properly…and the brakes needed to be changed…so she robbed me of my beautiful Dodge Charger…and left me at school.” Fallon told him a bit dramatically. By the end of it Daniel was snickering. “I’m very sorry to hear that…but I bet I can make it better by picking you up? Tell me where to meet you and we’ll get a head start on the fun filled day I have planned.” Daniel said with mock sympathy. “Alright…I accept your offer…not that I had any other choice.” Fallon retorted. She then told Daniel the directions to her school and where she would meet him.

Fallon quickly logged off the computer, and grabbed her jacket from the back of the chair. She double checked that her stuff was all with her. She grabbed her food from her back pack and placed it into her jacket pocket. She would eat while walking to the area where she had asked Daniel to pick her up.

The crisp January afternoon was refreshing. January was ending, and soon Fallon would have more work to keep up with. Her album would be released next week. That would mean more promotional work. She also had to start work on the music video for Memory Of You that would be done this weekend, so that the video could be released on Tuesday.

As she walked her cell phone rang in her pocket. This time she checked the ID. Sure enough it was Daniel. She had only been walking for about ten minutes and he was already here? “How did you get here so fast?” She said as she answered the phone. “My car can fly…where abouts are you?” Daniel asked. Fallon looked ahead, sure enough there was a car waiting at the end of the walk way. Not just any car though…a very nice Audi R8. “You have an R8?” She asked him. “Yes I do as a matter of fact.” She could hear the smile in his voice. “How come I haven’t seen it before?” She asked. “Well I was borrowing my cousin’s because mine hadn’t come from the garage yet.” Daniel said. “Okay well I will talk to you once I reach you, okay?” “Yea sure.” Fallon closed her phone, and shoved it back into her pocket.