Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

It was finally Saturday. The day of the race. Fallon and the rest of the guys had managed to raise ten thousand dollars. Their best sponsors had been The Sun, The Mail on Sunday, Lively! had made a joint donation with none other than Manchester United. Fallon had been a little surprised. All the seats had been filled. None of them had expected such a turnout. They had all decided to split the money between the charities. After the races there would be a short presentation of the gigantic cheques that they would be giving to both Phil’s charity representatives, and the representatives for the local heart and stroke foundation.

The ten racers had checked their cars in the night before. Fallon’s opinion had been overridden. The guys had decided that her car would be checked by them…after she had managed to bang her head on the hood no later than thirty seconds after she had propped it open. Dallas had jokingly told her that it was better if she kept away since she wouldn’t want to be the one to damage her car causing herself to lose.

It was almost ten thirty. The crowds would be settling down and in their seats by eleven, then the real fun would begin.

Fallon parked her car in front of Christopher’s house. She stepped out the car, her hair tied back in a pony tail with a little bit of her hair framing her face. She had her black tinted aviator sunglasses on. Her black flared pants moved with the pleasant summer breeze. She was dressed much like the way she had when she found out Daniel had gotten transferred to United. Her black boots had been replaced with a pair of black pair of ballet style shoes; they were more comfortable in this weather. She had on the group’s shirt. The silver letters shone in the sunlight against the black shirt.

Today Fallon had indulged in looking like a racer. She had gotten up happily to fix herself up to look decent for today. Cheryl had even helped her. Cheryl had given Fallon a surprise this morning. In her hands had been a pair of gloves, the kind Fallon had seen Jason Statham wear in the ‘Transporter’ movies. The ones Fallon had coveted. They were black…perfect for Fallon.

Fallon rang the door bell once she got to the porch. Fallon could hear the guys racing for the door. Apparently the guys had gotten there before her. Excluding the three brothers, the other six guys had managed to beat her here. Fallon shook her head as she heard the guys shouting.

“Finally!” Fallon said loudly, as the door opened. It was Christopher. He grinned as he heard her. “What I thought since it was taking you guys so long to open the door, that you all were stuck. That would mean you all chickened out from the race. Leaving me to be the winner!” She told him, as she entered the house. “Keep dreaming Fallon.” Christopher chuckled, he walked behind her.

Fallon saw that Aidan and everyone were gathered around the table. “What’s going on guys?” Fallon questioned. “hey Fallon! You look more like a racer than the rest of us!” Alex said as he glanced up at her. “Yea…nice sunglasses.” Samuel added. “We’re just deciding on who goes first.” Aidan told her. “Chris is going first, Samuel is second, Aidan third, and you and Lucas are last.” Dallas told her. “Yay…last.” Fallon muttered.

“Come on, now that you have that sorted out, let’s go. We’ll be late.” Adrian said in a serious manner. They all got out to their cars. Dallas and Adrian were using their father’s Mitsubishi Lancer, and Audi A4. Christopher had already chosen the Mustang Shelby GT. Fallon looked over the other cars. Aidan and Adam had both brought their cars. Aidan had a BMW 1 Series Coupe, and Adam had an Audi TT. Fallon had liked their taste in cars. Alex and Lucas however were another story. Alex had a ‘souped up’ Honda Civic, while Lucas had a Honda Accord. Fallon couldn’t even mask her distaste when she found out. Samuel had a Porsche 911, while Taylor had a Volkswagen Phaeton. All of their cars had been outfitted with the magnetic decals.