Chapter 6

Ethan

I placed a cold towel on Nova's head, she mumbled something and then I pulled her closer.She had gotten sick when we came back from dinner and I first thought she was faking it but then I saw her face and the way she scrunched up her face in pain, I knew she was really sick.I tried to comfort her but with every flood of pain she clutched onto the pillow. I stopped with my hand in the air-where do I touch her without making her think that it was leading on to something else, I shook it off and rubbed her back pulling her flush against me so that her pain would subside a little bit

I know it would be better to take her to the hospital but there wasn't one close by.

I smoothed her hair back and pulled her close so that I can check on her fever, I heard a soft knock about an hour later but I couldn't open the door and this is awkward because I'm only in my boxers.

"Come in." I huffed while Nova held onto me for dear life she looked so fragile and my heart constricted at the thought.

"Oh um" Anabelle came in and then saw me half naked, she blushed.She was in her early fifties along with Richard but I've known her for a good part of my life. They were friends of my father's, but after he died suddenly from a heart attack I didn't hear from them until about 5 years ago. We met again when Downey wanted me to represent his company and all their legal matters-not just me but rather Spencer & Hawk.

She  composed herself and looked down at us."Are you guys alright-I actually thought you were doing...something else because your lights were on but I didn't hear a thing." She said and her blush deepened. What can I say? I have this effect on all women no matter what age they just fawn over me and me being half naked didn't help her. She looked down at a feverish Nova who looked so in pain, my heart felt another strange tug."Nova is really sick, I gave her a pain pill and a cold press towel but I'm hoping her fever breaks soon" I looked at the clock which was reading 1 am.I was too worried about Nova to get some sleep and tomorrow I have to negotiate with another lawyer, and I didn't even know who it was all that I knew was that is was one of the best. I guess coffee is going to be my breakfast for the next few hours."I have some medicine I'm going to get-you're an amazing boyfriend staying up all night to make sure she's okay" She gushed and walked away, I sighed and tried to wiggle out of Nova's steel grip, she let go and turned around.I rinsed the towel and placed it back on her forehead. Anabelle came back handing me a bottle of syrup.

"It's a special herbal brew, it really works for stomach flu and things like that-I'm going to leave you to it, just call me if you need anything or if her fever gets worse, the hospital is rather far but I'm sure we will be able to get her there."

I looked at the bottle, the liquid was a reddish colour and the smell-it smelled like cow shit and mud. I nudged Nova who looked at me dazed  when she woke up and then sighed trying to sit up.I held a spoonful to her she obliged and took it.He face showed disgust but she swallowed.

"That's horrible it tastes like...sh.." I raised my eyebrow at her and she just sighed and clutched the towel on her head and groaned turning around trying to sleep.I pulled her closer to me and switched of the bed lamp. She stiffened, she held onto me earlier but she wasn't really awake and more in a fever haze and didn't know I was comforting her.

"What are you doing?" She whispered concerned

"I'm holding you because for one;I know it's comfortable and you know you like it and secondly; this is how I can feel if your fever is subsiding while I also try and sleep" She relaxed a bit ,I was so close to her that I could smell her fragrance and it was very inticing. Her body was flaming hot in more aspect than one,the dancing tonight was just...

"I'm sorry," She mumbled and then I could feel her relaxed and soon enough she was snoozing away-hopefully this long day was over. After our little donkey chase and then a dinner with Nova and I dancing, she was one hell of a dancer and I loved how I could wrap my arms around her without being afraid to crush her including our fake kisses, but she was a very strange girl and I had to take care of her because I'm partly responsible for her and if Austin knew I let something happen to her he'd kill me -oh what the hell Ethan? I spat at myself I don't do the whole feelings thing, what am I thinking.